Who do you recognise by signature?

Commissario
I think it's time I updated mine, had it for years.

Not sure there is anyone I recognise as such by sig as I always look at the username??

Caporegime
Raymond Lin, Begbie, Feek, lots of different people really...I like signatures. It's also hard to name names but just scrolling through this thread I usually end up looking at the signature before the username because it's inline with the post.

What I like more is the enforced signature rules regarding size and restrictions. Keeps it tidy. If I go on another forum where someones signature takes up half the page I am instantly put off of it.

i think when people say they recognise users by their signature, they don't always mean the recognise them every where they go and don't have to check the username (though perhaps in some situations that may be the case), but in fact they mean when they are having a conversation, or reading one, it's easier to see the back and forwards by the signature, and then when they've done reading that conversation they'll likely forget who that sig is for.

i remember MRK by his sig and that's about it, but then i've had a man crush on MRK since i can remember

Soldato
I never saw the point. I have my contact details in mine as I want to make it easy for people to get in touch with me. But other than that I just cannot be bothered with them.

Neither am I interested or bothered by what avatar I have or haven't got (even when I wasn't on the moderation team).

It makes the forum too messy in my opinion.

Definitely agree, I just find things easier on the eyes with everything disabled - the initial focus is on the actual content of each post.

Back
Top Bottom