Who else used Facebook and didn't see the point of it?

Soldato
See I find Facebook a massive help for keeping in contact with mates. I've got around 160 mates on there, and most I actually like to keep in contact with. There are about 30 on there which I'm not hugely bothered about, and they are mostly family members, the other 130 odd I speak to depending where I am. I've got mates from back home, mates I made when I was living in London, mates I made from managing a pub in London, and the loads of mates I have in the Army, many of whom are posted around the world.

I find it a massive help for organising meet ups with people when going back home, or visiting London. Or keeping track of mates when they're moving around. For many of mates local to me, I still use my phone massively, but Facebook is always a handy alternative.

I wouldn't say I was an addict, but I'd be a bit lost with out it.

Soldato
its pretty good for keeping in contact with, can't deny that. Just usually full of updates where people spend more time on facebook telling everyone what they're doing rather than actually doing it.

Associate
I wouldn't mind Facebook so much but lately it seems that some people don't realise that's there's some things I'd rather that not everyone knew.

I'm getting tempted to delete it to be honest. It's been ages since I've used it for anything vaguely useful and hardly anyone I know ever posts anything worthwhile anyway.

Man of Honour
I think it's great.
This morning I woke up to somebody uploading around 15 pictures of my new band from Friday night which was totally unexpected.
I also use a private message section where the four band members can talk to each other.
I dislike when some 50 year old has messaged you saying something like "Hey, Ian Wright has just answered some questions on who your favourite band is - he said ACDC" - NO IT ISN'T.
Of course I stay out of all that crap and just keep it real.
And once again I'll say it -
People will come on here saying how crap it is but they'll type to people they don't know on this forum.

I'll tell you what was weird the other week.
I have an old workmate who does message/reply on Facebook and the other week I saw him live in Tesco and it was as though he couldn't do real people anymore - well weird.
I get home and he's messaged me with more words than he spoke in Tesco.

Man of Honour
I use facebook regularly, update my status with what i'm thinking / doing

why? who is really interested.

I think the whole facebook thing is futile and hypercritical. "I have 600,000 friends that makes me very popular - I even went out last month". Social acceptance yes, networking no. If freind a re friends, then you'd keep in touch anyway. Facebook seems to be the firewall for basic social skills, such as actually talking to people.

The only thing i like is the Spurs feeds because I like reading what people have to say but that's it.

I pretty much only use Facebook to stalk Bledd.

Now there's a thought :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I honestly can say that I wouldn't trust anyone without a facebook, what are they hiding o.0

But it's a phase, faceparty, myspace, bebo, msn... all the same, they are great for awhile then people get bored of them and leave.

What facebook does well is the fact a lot of family and friends are on it, I've actually made friends through it and now meet up with these people irl. EDIT: also social integration.

What annoys me is farmville and idiots from school, hanidly you can *block these people from appearing on your homepage :)

Last edited:
Soldato
you wouldn't trust anyone without facebook? What? lol :confused:

I mean people my age, if I'm meeting somebody for the first time and they tell me that they don't have a facebook (or other social networking site), I'd find that quite strange.

But that's possibly basing it on past experiences, where everyone I've met before who doesn't have any online connection was abit weird. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom