Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
Premium is definitely worth it for engine health, but you don't need it every tank. A guy at work took his old Vauxhall's V6 engine apart not long ago. He has always run it on premium and it was like a new engine inside, no buildup at all.

Soldato
As of this morning my phone constantly connects, disconnects and reconnects through bluetooth. Tried deleting the pairing and re-pairing but no luck.

Any ideas?

Mine did this after a few months of owning the car. In the end i removed the fuse for the sync system/bluetooth module. Worked a treat and has been perfect since. Fuse 24 (i think) in the glovebox.

Man of Honour
I had a look at a 2016 ST today but two things came up which I thought were odd. Firstly both front (lesser extent at the rear) alloys were quite corroded / surface rust in the inside and when you opened the doors fully there was paint missing inside the bit of front arch behind the door, if you know the bit I mean? I can upload pics if it helps. Are both of those known issues?

Caporegime
I had a look at a 2016 ST today but two things came up which I thought were odd. Firstly both front (lesser extent at the rear) alloys were quite corroded / surface rust in the inside and when you opened the doors fully there was paint missing inside the bit of front arch behind the door, if you know the bit I mean? I can upload pics if it helps. Are both of those known issues?

Had mine for over 2 years from new and have none of this. Sounds like one I would steer clear of.

Just wonder wheeled my alloys and they all look like new (apart from where i curbed one of them slightly :(). No paint missing on the inside of the doors anywhere as far as i have seen.

Man of Honour
Thought it was odd, thanks. Pics below to show what I mean -

image.jpg

image.jpg

Associate
I think it's been parked in a puddle for an extended period. They could've been driving it daily but parking it in the same spot. I don't think it's anything to worry about. The paint is normal, as above.

Man of Honour
Thanks for the replies. The corrosion was just the bits on the alloys, I know you'd expect that on the discs but never seen it on alloys like that before. I did rub it a bit and it looked to me like it would need a fair bit of work to remove or would need to be dipped/blasted. Inside door was same on both so was just a bit surprised by the quality of the work from factory - are most like that? The car had 20k on the clock in 12 months so certainly been used frequently which is why it was a decent price (13.9k ST3).

Associate
Inside door was same on both so was just a bit surprised by the quality of the work from factory - are most like that?

Quite likely. Open the boot of a new 3 series saloon, crouch down, and look up underneath the parcel shelf. You'll see metal with primer on it and no body coloured paint. Car manufacturers cut corners on paint wherever possible.

Back
Top Bottom