Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
Do you guys think £189 down and then £189 p/m for 2-3 years is good for a Fiesta ST3 ? I can get family discount on Ford privelage plus.
It sounds a good deal to me as most other leases are around a 1.5k down payment and similar per month but then it's still roughly 4.5k over 2 years that I'm not getting back and the new model is coming out soon isn't it?
My other option is possibly spending 5k cash on another 2006 Focus ST225 which I doubt will cost me as much over 2 years in depreciation and running costs. Anyone go from the Focus to the Fiesta ST and find it better?

What about a used Fiesta ST? Seems odd to compare new Fiesta to used Focus without considering that..

Soldato
What about a used Fiesta ST? Seems odd to compare new Fiesta to used Focus without considering that..
My reasoning for that is a new Fiesta ST3 would be 4.5k over 2 years on the offer whereas I could go out and get a good 2006 Focus ST for around 4.8k cash. That's the same price almost.
When I had my last Focus ST I spent 1.5k on maintenance in the 16 months that I had it and then sold it for £800 less than I paid so that cost me 2.3k over 16 months to own whereas a new Fiesta ST on lease works out roughly 2.25k per year to own.
Your still talking at least 8k to buy a used Fiesta ST2 that will soon have no warranty left so they are not an option.
So is £189 down and £189 p/m a good offer for an ST3 or not? Compared to average deals that have been around for the last year or so.

Soldato
Your explanation doesn't really provide a logical reason for avoiding a used Fiesta ST though.

I expect I can sell my ST3 for around 2k less than I bought it for almost a year ago (dealer purchase, private sale). If I kept it another year, the depreciation curve would even out a bit as the initial hit of buying from a dealer skews it somewhat. The interest I've paid on the loan is a couple of hundred quid. It's been under warranty this year but wouldn't be next year, but maintenance costs are obviously negligible.

Sure, outright cost is more but loans are cheap and you are obviously willing to finance anyway.

£190 seems reasonable to rent an ST3, I suppose.

Soldato
Your explanation doesn't really provide a logical reason for avoiding a used Fiesta ST though.
Just had a look on AT nationwide and the cheapest pov spec ST1 and ST2's are all at least 8.5k private sale on a 63 plate. Now I could probably stretch to that without a loan and pay cash but then I am buying a 4yr old private car with no comeback and no warranty that is just not worth it. Say I buy one that's been ragged and I end up getting bills for Turbo's or clutches etc!
To me leasing a brand new better spec ST3 that is covered if anything breaks for the equivalent of 4.5k ish over 2 years is a far better offer is it not?

Soldato
Just had a look on AT nationwide and the cheapest pov spec ST1 and ST2's are all at least 8.5k private sale on a 63 plate. Now I could probably stretch to that without a loan and pay cash but then I am buying a 4yr old private car with no comeback and no warranty that is just not worth it. Say I buy one that's been ragged and I end up getting bills for Turbo's or clutches etc!
To me leasing a brand new better spec ST3 that is covered if anything breaks for the equivalent of 4.5k ish over 2 years is a far better offer is it not?

You're missing the point of what I'm saying. No where did I suggest you buy a ragged bottom of the market out of warranty car. And surely that argument applies directly to the Focus ST comparison you're making which you seem to be able to justify?

Soldato
Hi all,

Been out today to test drive an ST3 and the Mrs was very impressed (I drove one last year). We've decided we want to go for one around a year old with low mileage (seen some nice examples with 2-3k on the clock). Ideally we want to the full spec (style pack/camera/sensors etc). Just wondered is there anything to look out for with these cars in particular? I really like the look of the new ST due next year but it's not going to fit into our budget for a good while so we are happy to go for the current ST3. Any general advice with these would be appreciated!

Soldato
How do you all find the satnav on the fiesta?
  • The screen seems quite small, is it easy enough to glance at while driving?
  • How are the routes, typically up to date and well navigated?
  • How well does the traffic update - Compared with google maps?
I'm getting closer and closer to finally giving in and buying an ST3 to replace my older ST150 but this is one of the things I'm wondering about still.

Soldato
Just got back from a 2 hour drive to see an ST3 at a main dealer (sensors/camera/variable boot floor/style pack/middle rear headrest) in molten orange, 2k on the clock, immaculate condition. Think I'm going to bite the bullet. Offered me a good price for my old corsa. They tried the usual to flog me gap insurance etc, the only thing I'm "considering" is the alloy protection they've offered for £150 (covers for 2 years) but even then I'm thinking realistically will I need it? Thankfully the girl that is dealing with it wasn't pushy and gave me a decent test drive and plenty of time to inspect the car. It's up for £14,700 for a 66 plate so just over a year old. Does that seem like a decent deal? It's going to work out at £13k after my part ex!

Caporegime
I wouldn't bother with that. They're not exactly a hard finish to get fixed if you do bash them against a kerb. Price seems about right, you're paying a bit of a premium for Molten Orange as that was an expensive option.

Soldato
I wouldn't bother with that. They're not exactly a hard finish to get fixed if you do bash them against a kerb. Price seems about right, you're paying a bit of a premium for Molten Orange as that was an expensive option.

Thanks, it seems to be a decent price comparing against other dealers, probably the best example I've seen price/spec wise. Just working out some finances before we decide.

Soldato
Just an FYI in case it hasn't been mentioned.... Thats the old model Fiesta now stopped and its EXTREMELY unlikely you can get a brand new one.... New Fiesta is out with ST next year (ST-Line and ST-Line X for Sept/Oct)

Back
Top Bottom