Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
Well people keep mentioning that we should have a thread to discuss are Fiesta ST's in. Seen as no one seems to be doing one, i may as well get the ball rolling...

I own a 2005 red Fiesta ST. It has a K&N kit on it and other than that it is completely standard.

Pic:

2011-05-25152322.jpg

It as been a great car to own and as made my 70mile a day round trip a lot more fun and comfy. The only niggle i have with the car is the fact it is red, which means a lot more work is needed to keep its colour looking good.

Lets discuss Fiesta ST's... :)

Last edited:
Associate
Motorways are a bit of a chore in them, suspension/ride is OK, relatively high cruising revs (but comparable to similar cars) but it's the seats that are the worst culprit, initally quite comfy but the longer the journey the more awkward they are to stay comfortable in.

Soldato
Picking mine up this evening:

57 Plate - 36k miles,
Performance blue without any stripes,
Full leather seats (heated fronts),
Tech pack - Auto lights/wipers + folding mirrors + rear "privacy" glass ;)

Pics will be up soon!

Soldato
OP
Is it all that comfy for long journeys then? I'd have though they'd be rather stiff suspension wise and not really geared for motorway cruising - but maybe i'm wrong :)

I can really only compare it to a 98 EJ9 Civic and a Merc Sprinter for constant long distance driving. Which i can truly say, the ST is a lot more comfy at! More comfy than i expected it to be before buying one.

Though i have driven in one with Apex Springs and can imagine that being a backbreaking drive up and down the M1 every day. (main reason why mine hasn't been lowered)

DAndan, looking forward to the pics! Though im sure you'll be hooning it about all night ;)

Soldato
Screw it I will anyway :p

This was mine:

K&N Induction kit
Miltek 4-1 Manifold
Miltek Flexi-pipe
Miltek CAT-Back Exhaust (non-resonated)
Eibach lowering springs.

I was doing 60 miles a day in it and didn't find it uncomfortable at all but my trip was a 50/50 split of cruisng dual carriageway and b-road fun. I would have another one as I do miss it at times.

car3.jpg

car1.jpg

Associate
Ive got a 05 reg Performance Blue ST.
Mods Ive done are:
Pipercross carbon fibre induction kit
AP coilovers
Custom rear valance
Kenwood HU
sub n amp all-in-one

I would say that I went to Newcastle and back from where I live in one night which is pretty far. Found the car quite relaxing even with coilovers.

Heres a few pics

FxCam_1298559345541.jpg

FxCam_1298559373409.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

Its sat lower now though due to the springs settling.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
wahey!

heres a few of mine, nothing special as its all untouched at the moment.
currently on around 55k, just had new yokohama parada spec II all round.
epic handling in this hot weather, got to get new brakes sorted soon :(
DSC02315.jpg

DSC02322.jpg

DSC02329.jpg

planning on having the stripes removed sometime soon.
also looking at mountune 185, the plastics painted black and some ST500 alloys [previous owner was fond of curbs]

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
also, quite like the ST logo on the front grille of yours Rybo89
how did you attach that?
assuming it is just one from ford parts or something?

Soldato
OP
also, quite like the ST logo on the front grille of yours Rybo89
how did you attach that?
assuming it is just one from ford parts or something?

Ebay mate, search 'ST badge' and look for a person from Ireland selling them with lots feedback. He is highly recommended for them, on the ST forums.

Would link you but i am on my phone.

Also very easy to fit, just a case of unclipping the grill, attaching the ST logo and little back plates and bolts then putting the grill back on. Took me 5 min to do and makes a big difference imo.

Soldato
Very nice firegod! You have the jamsport supercharger kit fitted? :D

spec and what you thought to it please.

It was mad. 280bhp in a Fez! Loved the whistle from the charger.

It was the stage 2.5 kit. But it would still return 27mpg in town and 40+ on the motorway.

If you get the chance, get one. :)

Permabanned
Love them, thinking of getting one after I had a go in my mates.

I followed Will from these very forums the other day and that made my mind up :D

(I was stalking him, honest Guvna :o)

Soldato
Love them, thinking of getting one after I had a go in my mates.

I followed Will from these very forums the other day and that made my mind up :D

(I was stalking him, honest Guvna :o)

When did you see mine? :D

Here is a mildly rubbish pic of my car as it is at the moment:

XTBws.jpg

Spec:

• Mountune 185 kit (full exhaust inc manifold and sports cat, cams, valve springs, induction system and remap)
  • H&R Monotube Coilover suspension (around 45mm drop)
  • Ferrodo DS2500 pads all round, Pagid discs, HEL braided brake lines and Motul RBF600 fluid
  • Whiteline Rear Anti-roll bar
  • Quaife ATB LSD
  • Helix 4 paddle clutch (wanted an organic clutch but Jamsport made a mistake..)
  • Braid Winrace A 16 inch alloys (apparently unspeakably awful according to this forum, but from a handling point of view the best thing I have done to the car and with 45 profile tyres it rides better than standard)
  • Gloss black smoothed bumper plastics and black headlight internals, and blue headlight rings
  • ST500 Carbon effect interior parts (dash surround/vent rings) and various other small aesthetic mods I won't bore anyone with :o

It will also have the Mountune inlet manifold and larger throttle body, with associated remap, when that is available taking it to 200bhp...

Last edited:
Permabanned
When did you see mine? :D

Followed you all the way from your road to town but I parked at Snow Hill and you carried on down Temple St, I thought about flashing the lights at you but then remembered you wouldn't know who I was :D

That sound really dodgy but me and Will live about 2 streets apart :D

Back
Top Bottom