Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
So, originally I was thinking about getting a mk7 Fiesta ST, then I was swaying towards an Audi TT because I really like the look of them, but because the prices are going crazy for them I've had a rethink and I might get a Fiesta ST for a couple of years or so and reevaluate, and I've always wanted to try it given the rave reviews. Prices, although up slightly, aren't too bad compared to the TT.
I was thinking about checking this car out. https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202106133795086
What do you think?
I gave them a call, a few light stonechips on the front bumper but otherwise decent paintwork. Some light scuffs on the rim of the alloys, but not bad, nothing out of the ordinary for a 5 year old car.
Continental Premium Contact 6 tyres on all corners, not sure exact mm though. Just had an MOT, no advisories.
The only thing, I'm trying to decide between the race red or spirit blue!
This one is also on my radar. https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202106093646718

I will do the usual hiding the OBD port, putting a dummy one in place, and pulling the fuse.
But because I live in a decent low crime area, I was debating whether to get just a Stoplok Pro (Elite?), or go the full hog with a Disklok. Also it seems the Viper 106v immobiliser gets recommended but again, not sure I need to?

I've done some reading and it seems these don't have any major issues (aside from the coolant recall on earlier years), and they're pretty reliable, thus the 60k miles isn't bothering me especially with regular servicing.
Is there anything specific I should be checking when viewing/test driving aside from the usual?

Soldato
I had a spirit blue, I much prefer the blue to the red. The blue one you linked is an ST-3 as well instead of the ST-2 red one.

With the ST-2 you'll be missing some of the little extras like Sat Nav and Cruise Control. Not essential by any means but nice to have.
The blue one has the MP215 Mountune tune as well which consists of an airbox and remap so it will feel a bit quicker than a standard ST.

Definitely test drive one, the fairly harsh ride isn't for everyone! I got a bit fed up of it after 3 years.

Soldato
I had a spirit blue, I much prefer the blue to the red. The blue one you linked is an ST-3 as well instead of the ST-2 red one.

With the ST-2 you'll be missing some of the little extras like Sat Nav and Cruise Control. Not essential by any means but nice to have.
The blue one has the MP215 Mountune tune as well which consists of an airbox and remap so it will feel a bit quicker than a standard ST.

Definitely test drive one, the fairly harsh ride isn't for everyone! I got a bit fed up of it after 3 years.

Yeah, not fussed about the extras on ST-3 really. Will rarely be on the motorway for longer than 20 minutes (will use brother's car for longer trips) and the sat nav/screen looks dated/slow, so probably just easier to Google maps as I already have a phone mount.

I will definitely test drive though. Not sure if I'll get enough feel of it in a short test drive? But most of my journeys are A/B road 20-30 minutes so should be ok.

Yeah out of the two I'd have the ST3 with mountune all day.

Sadly I need 5 doors these days.....

The MP215 kit and the refurbed wheels are what is swaying me a little to that car, but at £900 more, I can get it done cheaper if I decide I want to get a remap done later on, and I'll have my choice of tuner.

I think I'm leaning towards the red. I like the blue when it looks blue, but I don't think I'm keen on the purple hue to it.

Soldato
So this happened.. :D

TangGX8.jpg

I wish I got it sooner, honestly. And I'm glad I went for red, looks really good in person compared to photos. Really nice example as well, very well looked after.
The handling is so so good. The acceleration through the whole rev range is awesome. Worth every penny and more. And I've only driven it for a couple of hours!

Associate
Here's mine at the Javelin Sprint at Croft. Love it, especially with the M235 map and Eibach Pro's. Also got a few little OEM plus mods. The wireless phone charger and a wireless Apple Car Play dongle from the US.

I know there's a lot of debate about the Mountune Maps not offering as much as the Revo ones, but I was glad I went for Mountune, as it turned out my car (later MY revision with revised emissions hardware) wasn't actually compatible with the original maps. Not sure if Revo have actually updated their maps, but Mountune had to, to get it to work properly. I see they've also now done a 260 map, although personally I'm not sure I'd need that much in my daily, and it already troubles the diff quite a bit with 235hp.

Fiesta.jpg

Here's the onboard from the run:

Associate
Fair enough, I thought the question was about the PS4s. Great tyre nonetheless :).

The PS4 on the Mk8 is 'FP' marked so tuned by Ford Performance and potentially a little higher performance than a standard off the shelf PS4. They do overheat on track quite quickly though, which is probably down to the more road biased tread pattern.

Weirdly you can get a Cup2 in a 17in 215 that would actually fit the standard wheel size. I'm tempted, but I suspect it'll have too much grip for the chassis.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Picked up a ‘19 reg ST2 today for my wife and had the pleasure of a 50 mile drive home through the countryside.

Genuinely surprised at how well the thing handles and goes with just a 1.5l 3 pot under the bonnet.

I’ve already told her that if she gets bored of it I’ll have it off her. :D

Soldato
Picked up a ‘19 reg ST2 today for my wife and had the pleasure of a 50 mile drive home through the countryside.

Genuinely surprised at how well the thing handles and goes with just a 1.5l 3 pot under the bonnet.

I’ve already told her that if she gets bored of it I’ll have it off her. :D
They're fun aren't they? My Mrs keeps trying to get it to pop and chuckles when it does. We still can't figure out when to do it. Sounds quite reasonable for a 3 cylinder too.

Back
Top Bottom