Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Associate
Considering getting rid of my MK8 ST3 with prices rising as just not using it at all. WBAC offered just over £17k on a 19 plate with 12k miles. It’s a fun car but doing <2k miles per year now with wfh so maybe just get a cheap run around as 2nd car to the wife’s Audi.

for those buying or looking did you consider a private purchase or dealer only for 2 years old? Not sure if worth the effort of trying to sell it myself. Also know I’ll miss it if it goes as it’s been best car I’ve had overall for balance.

Soldato
Considering getting rid of my MK8 ST3 with prices rising as just not using it at all. WBAC offered just over £17k on a 19 plate with 12k miles. It’s a fun car but doing <2k miles per year now with wfh so maybe just get a cheap run around as 2nd car to the wife’s Audi.

for those buying or looking did you consider a private purchase or dealer only for 2 years old? Not sure if worth the effort of trying to sell it myself. Also know I’ll miss it if it goes as it’s been best car I’ve had overall for balance.

That’s mega money for a fiesta! I’d typically want to go to a dealer for anything over 8-10K

Soldato
So my wife told me that her washer fluid ran out with no warning. I can't believe a modern car (mk 8) doesn't have a sensor. I get that it's a "budget" car, but the st is more than the basic focuses (foci?). Its a bit annoying. Just wanted to check it wasn't me/the mrs being daft as googling tells me it doesn't have a sensor but wanted to check on here.

Associate
So my wife told me that her washer fluid ran out with no warning. I can't believe a modern car (mk 8) doesn't have a sensor. I get that it's a "budget" car, but the st is more than the basic focuses (foci?). Its a bit annoying. Just wanted to check it wasn't me/the mrs being daft as googling tells me it doesn't have a sensor but wanted to check on here.

On all my Fords I've only ever had washer fluid sensors on cars equipped with headlight washers as I believe it's a legal requirement for them to do so.

Caporegime

No sensor.

Knowing Ford it would fail all the time and you'd have to take the wheel and arch liner off to get to.

Associate
Oh is that how they're doing it. I'm not sure what the fiesta are, but I'd have thought they'd be brighter than xenons.

They don't use all the LED clusters for dipped beam, you only need washers for the dipped brightness, not full beam.

With bi-xenons, you need washers as they are full brightness all the time. With LEDs, they can just reduce the light output for dipped beam and do away with the washers.

Soldato
They don't use all the LED clusters for dipped beam, you only need washers for the dipped brightness, not full beam.

With bi-xenons, you need washers as they are full brightness all the time. With LEDs, they can just reduce the light output for dipped beam and do away with the washers.
Oh I see. Its the first car we've had with led headlights, mine a runout e92 so way before that, I think my drls are normal bulbs:cry:.

Soldato
Those of you with a mk 8 st, how do you get it to cackle? Is it just at high revs when changing gear, me and the mrs find it childishly hilarious and try and do it but I can't do it consistently.

Associate
Those of you with a mk 8 st, how do you get it to cackle? Is it just at high revs when changing gear, me and the mrs find it childishly hilarious and try and do it but I can't do it consistently.

You can do it from a stand still too just by blipping revs high enough, I think it has some sort of protection built in, so it won't keep doing it. It has some sort of "cooldown" period after so many.

Soldato
Just thought I'd post a quick update on here. Took the mrs car across for a trip to Chester zoo (~2.5 hours away). Car did well and its the first time since getting it in March its been driven at night, I'm amazed how fast the auto lights react. Really impressive.

Back
Top Bottom