Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Soldato
Holy thread bump!

After almost 3 years of Peugeot 308GTi ownership, I've got myself a 2017 (Mrk 7.5) Fiesta ST.

The Pug was throwing up annual repair costs (replacement fuel tank, fuel pump and seized front brake callipers. Car was 5 years old and only 35k miles) and given that I work from home now mainly, couldn't justify keeping it. So I wanted to downsize and pocket some cash and decided on a Fiesta ST. I had a Focus ST prior to the Pug and never had any issues with it and servicing/parts costs were considerably cheaper than the Pug.

Love the Fiesta ST. Great handling and power that is fully useable on the roads round here.

One thing that I spotted post collection of car when going through paperwork that came with the car was a Revo Stage 1 map had been applied by the previous owner. Wasn't advertised with the car and not mentioned by the Ford Dealer I purchased car from. When I went to view the car, I opened the bonnet and and it didn't reveal an upgraded induction kits or signs of modification (unlike a few other examples I looked at). The only thing was a K&N sticker on the air box, which I thought nothing of it. So I didn't actually know the status of the map.

I'm 20 minutes away from Revo's HQ, so took it down there and they confirmed the map was present and it was in performance mode (97+ RON). I purchased the SDS device so I could flick between the modes (handy anti theft mode) and then went home to declared it on my insurance, which was fun as that involved me having to cancel my current policy and take a new one out elsewhere.

Question.

Is it advisable to upgrade the air induction for a Stage 1 map? I was thinking of an ITG or Airtec (or is there a better value alternative?). I'm more than happy with the current performance so just thinking of adding it for engine health and to make full use of the map.

Mind you, from looking at induction kits, I'm now considering:

1. Rear engine mount
2. Lowering springs
3. Milltek exhaust

I'm 40 and in mid-life crisis mode :D

Caporegime
Holy thread bump!

After almost 3 years of Peugeot 308GTi ownership, I've got myself a 2017 (Mrk 7.5) Fiesta ST.

The Pug was throwing up annual repair costs (replacement fuel tank, fuel pump and seized front brake callipers. Car was 5 years old and only 35k miles) and given that I work from home now mainly, couldn't justify keeping it. So I wanted to downsize and pocket some cash and decided on a Fiesta ST. I had a Focus ST prior to the Pug and never had any issues with it and servicing/parts costs were considerably cheaper than the Pug.

Love the Fiesta ST. Great handling and power that is fully useable on the roads round here.

One thing that I spotted post collection of car when going through paperwork that came with the car was a Revo Stage 1 map had been applied by the previous owner. Wasn't advertised with the car and not mentioned by the Ford Dealer I purchased car from. When I went to view the car, I opened the bonnet and and it didn't reveal an upgraded induction kits or signs of modification (unlike a few other examples I looked at). The only thing was a K&N sticker on the air box, which I thought nothing of it. So I didn't actually know the status of the map.

I'm 20 minutes away from Revo's HQ, so took it down there and they confirmed the map was present and it was in performance mode (97+ RON). I purchased the SDS device so I could flick between the modes (handy anti theft mode) and then went home to declared it on my insurance, which was fun as that involved me having to cancel my current policy and take a new one out elsewhere.

Question.

Is it advisable to upgrade the air induction for a Stage 1 map? I was thinking of an ITG or Airtec (or is there a better value alternative?). I'm more than happy with the current performance so just thinking of adding it for engine health and to make full use of the map.

Mind you, from looking at induction kits, I'm now considering:

1. Rear engine mount
2. Lowering springs
3. Milltek exhaust

I'm 40 and in mid-life crisis mode :D

Normally 'stage 1' needs a panel filter and that's about it, induction kit probably won't make much difference other than more noise. The sound symposer delete and upgraded recirc valve are quite common on upgraded cars - not sure if the revo map increases boost pressure?

Soldato
An air intake kit is absolutely not necessary for these cars and can happily still make good power with just a panel filter, it'll mostly be the sound you lose out on. Supposedly the ITG will make your car sound like Darth Vader :D

The catalytic converter is the biggest restriction and the stock cat-back exhaust is also more than adequate until you start hitting large turbo territory, again it's mostly the sound you'll not get although changing to a sports cat will make things a little louder.

Last edited:
Soldato
An air intake kit is absolutely not necessary for these cars and can happily still make good power with just a panel filter, it'll mostly be the sound you lose out on. Supposedly the ITG will make your car sound like Darth Vader :D

The catalytic converter is the biggest restriction and the stock cat-back exhaust is also more than adequate until you start hitting large turbo territory, again it's mostly the sound you'll not get although changing to a sports cat will make things a little louder.

The Revo map is quoted as 230BHP and more than happy with that and not looking to go higher. Given the size and weight of the Fiesta and the roads round here, I feels its pretty pointless. The Pug was 268BHP and the Fiesta doesn't feel like its lagging behind it.

What I am interested in though is a couple of modifications to help maximise the current power. So rear engine mount to reduce wheel hop and get power down better, springs to lower height by around 20-25mm to improve handling and an exhaust just for a bit of noise.

Looks like the money gained from switching cars will be slowly disappearing.:o

Soldato
Don't tempt me.....

I've already dropped an email off to a garage to request a quote for the above work. :D Excluding the LSD :p Although if I was looking go to stage 2 or 3 then I probably would.

Soldato
I recommend the ITG intake, and Peron remap. I’ve sold mine now but I had 243bhp out of stage 1+ from the dyno on a print out somewhere. I had it lowered and had the engine mount and short shifter too, however I wouldn’t really recommend the engine mount it makes it vibrate and rattle like crazy and did my head in.

Associate
My ST200 has the ITG, quickshifter and Collins performance RMM along with Peron Stage 1+ which gave me 228bhp on Noble Motorsports dyno in Chesterfield. I've had it since new (66 plate). I keep looking at other cars but this thing is so good its hard to replace.

Soldato
I must admit, I prefer it to the Pug 308GTi and Focus ST I had before it.

The Fiesta replaced the Pug and whilst the Pug was a much better place to sit in terms of interior plastic and quality, the Fiesta ST is a much better car to drive. I don't do the mileage I used to, so I can put up with the downgraded interior. I was also concerned with the smaller size but its mainly me in the car only and fits me, wife and 11 year old daughter without issue. Car even get a full weekly food shop in the boot. :D

Got quoted £1300 for the supply and fit of the Milltek Exhaust, engine mount and Eibach Pro Springs. The springs account for £620 of that cost as they're also doing a laser 4 wheel alignment.

No idea if that quote is reasonable but I might do it in stages with the exhaust and engine mount first.

Soldato
My ST200 has the ITG, quickshifter and Collins performance RMM along with Peron Stage 1+ which gave me 228bhp on Noble Motorsports dyno in Chesterfield. I've had it since new (66 plate). I keep looking at other cars but this thing is so good its hard to replace.

Quickshifter and a poly rear engine mount were the best mods I did to my mk7 ST. That made a huge improvement to gear shifts under acceleration. I'm going to do the same on my Abarth eventually.

Soldato
I did the springs myself, not a hard job at all genuinely if you can get a mate will take couple hours tops the rear springs drop out really easy. You only needs ratchet and cheap spring compressor about £15. Biggest pain is jacking the car up.

as for engine mount, it was Vudu

Soldato
I have the Collins quick shifter and RMM. They install it for free if you're around that area. No issues with vibration myself.
I decided against any exhaust upgrade or anything else because I'll probably only keep the car for another year or so. Just a custom remap with Sabre Tuning at 232bhp.

As good as the car is, I don't really make use of the power (other than maybe the odd rare track day) and not completely keen on the looks so tempted to chop it in next year for a coupe like an MX5, MK2 TTS, GT86 or something (if I still don't really need more than 2 seats).

Last edited:
Soldato
I went to a gt86 after, it didnt really feed any slower tbh. But no turbo so you need to work it. It was far more comfortable though. The driving position is way better.

Soldato
Feel like an idiot.

The talk of the quickshifter got me thinking that the gear stick throws in my ST did feel quite short compared to the Pug.

Popped open and the bonnet and low and behold, the modification had already been done :o

Oh well, one less thing to do.

Soldato
Been shopping on Pumaspeed.

Milltek Fiesta Cat Back Exhaust (Race Non Resonated), uprated exhaust mounts and Pumaspeed rear motor mount ordered. Booked in on Monday at a local garage to have it installed, so looking forward to that.

Back
Top Bottom