Who here owns a Subaru?

Soldato
I got roped into a MFN meet. Never again.... We qued for longer than we stayed at the event and we was 1 of the first there at that.

Spoke to a few scoobie guys, had a burger and buggered off.

Mates car looks well on his picture:

juYTEC8.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Those with the new STIs, I am unashamed to declare myself a "flaps" man. :)

Performance Creations offering is £80, Rally Armour offerings are £169. Which to go for?

£10 on rubber of your choice and a scalpel. If you are feeling flush spend another couple of quid on some manufacturers stickers. £170 for some mud flaps is staggering.

Soldato
Think i forgot to add on here that the noise came back but i have gotten to the bottom of it now.

Turned out to be my handbrake. Read up to go pretty quick and apply the hand brake slightly for 10 seconds every so often. I did this about 2 weeks ago and not heard anything since. (Hence why my mudflaps are back on in the above picture)

Soldato
Yeah the handbrake shoes was sticking what was causing the clunk when first using the car.

Mentioned it all to Salty at SC and he said it makes sense and explained it to me but i forgot what he said na. Its stopped anyway so all good.

Soldato
Wasn't it a constant thumping up to 40mph though? When my shoes were sticking, I had a bit of a squeal and a clunk when I lifted the handbrake, but that was it. Fingers crossed!

Nice one on the car Ed. A dealer near me has a 65 plate WRX STi in blue on gold wheels. It looks really really good and I was all set for trying to take it out for a spin... until I remembered that my Scoob is locked up at the moment while I cruise around in the ZT and don't think it has quite the same buying power as turning up in another Impreza :/

Soldato
Lasted about 2 minutes then completely disappeared (under 40mph), if i went over 40mph it would completely disappear regardless of what speed i went.

Don't try making me think its owt else again or i will be back on Autotrader looking for the next car :p

Whys ur car locked up? best time to be out in it at the moment.

Soldato
You're telling me... picked the ZT up last Friday and the weekend was absolutely glorious! The ZT is nice but I know which car I'd rather be driving.

It's done 18k since it's last MOT and while I don't have any doubts the car could continue to do that sort of mileage, it just seems a real shame to use it as a mile muncher. Me and the (now ex) gf were supposed to be moving closer to Manchester which would drop my mileage massively, but that's all come to an end. My son now lives 50 miles away so the miles will continue to rack up. I'm also saving for a house deposit and the ZT will halve my fuel bill.

Soldato
Yep, it's SORN.

Most people would surely sell the expensive car in return for a decent house deposit... I get to keep the car and (hopefully by next year) buy a house! I've also tried to modify a daily in the past and it's not easy, so having the ZT will mean I can start to have some fun with the Impreza. I'll bring the Subaru out in a couple of months though. Won't leave it sitting around unused for too long.

Soldato
Collected this today courtesy of @ScoobyDoo69

IMG-20170410-WA0001.jpeg

:D

Back
Top Bottom