Who here owns a Subaru?

Soldato
Anyone here got a crosstrek? Since i traded my 07 Forester XT for a 2013 crosstrek which had 38,000 miles on it 2 years ago, i now have 120,000 miles on it and so far i've gone through 2 sets of tires, the factory yokohama lasted 60,000 miles, i then put cooper CS3's on which so far have another 60,000 and will need changing before winter. Changed the rotors and pads twice, the rear wheel bearing is now noisy so i need to sort that out too. Anyone got one and had any issues?

Soldato
Guys SC rang me up after they noticed who i was on the order of the turbo and have offered to fit it me and map it for a really good price.

Thing is they are saying ill only get around 360BHP, not 380. Mentioned the FPR aswell and they said itll do nothing for me and that i need a 3 port boost solinoid. If i want higher figures i need 750cc injectors and bigger pump?

After a bit of advice on what you lot think i should do?

Soldato
OP
After they noticed who you were? Who am ya?

You will need a bigger pump yes. FPR is good for getting more flow from the existing injectors, only reason I mentioned it. They'll be telling you to go larger injectors but I've seen many a car exceed 360bhp on the standard injectors with just a fuel pump.

They'll be giving you the options as a package, which is a "safer" sale for them.

What's the cost breakdown then?

Soldato
Yeah i know Dan who works there and he noticed my name when packaging the Turbo up to be sent off.

1360 for turbo n oil feed pipe. Already purchased.

500 for fitting turbo and a mapping tweak.

They said to add on 2 hours labour if i want the FPR fitting aswell.

Associate
Should get around 360 to 370 bhp.

My old Scooby made 371 with the SC38 @ Surrey rolling road.

Stock everything apart from fuel pump obviously. At that stage I didn't have a 3 port on.

The 3 port will ensure boost is supplied safely and on point.

If you go with a 20% methanol mix you will be sure to hit 380bhp :)

Associate
Yeah i know Dan who works there and he noticed my name when packaging the Turbo up to be sent off.

Seems OK.

Think I paid £150 to have the turbo fitted. Plus £150 for a OS tweak. So not too bad.

I was advised by Duncan that a FPR wasn't needed, but have a 3 port fitted. Which is what I did.

Hope that helps

Man of Honour

Bugger shame you've already bought paid for the turbo

Just spotted a relatively new SC42 for sale on Subaru Swap Shop group on Facebook for £1100

Soldato

Cheers @ReAPeR101. I was hoping for at least 380. I have the uprated fuel pump, full decat straight through exhaust, k&n panel filter. They are putting the 3 port boost on too.

360= gutted
370= meh ok
380= happy chappy

Bugger shame you've already bought paid for the turbo

Just spotted a relatively new SC42 for sale on Subaru Swap Shop group on Facebook for £1100

SC46 popped up on scoobynet for the same too. I said they would pop everywhere now i have bought one....

Soldato
I mentioned to Ryan that they'd be playing it safe by quoting low. They won't want to give too high a number as no two engines will be the same. If they say 380 and then a batch of cars make 360, I can imagine there would be quite a few unhappy customers.

I can't speak for tuning Scoobs, but from my Rover days, two cars with an identical spec... one could make 230, one could make 250bhp. There are too many variables.

Ryan, what fuel pump do you have? The Prodrive pump?

Back
Top Bottom