Who here owns a Subaru?

Soldato
Thanks guys, I've been after one for a while but let down a few times. I'm a fan of little mods like this, just to unleash that extra power or lower boost threshold. I took a punt on a sleeved up pipe (which I understand the Harvey pipes to be) which was advertised for £40. The guy advertised it as a Harvey pipe but once he'd removed the heatwrap and found it was sleeved, changed his description.

It looks well made and is 1.75" ID.

Soldato
OP
Nah it's easy - did mine in about an hour and a half.

Remove intercooler, disconnect downpipe, undo all bolts on top of turbo, get underneath the car, remove bolts connecting to manifold, remove nut that holds engine mount in place, jack engine up, slide up pipe out. Standard up pipe is harder to get out than a stainless one because it has heatshields etc. on it.

Then do reverse, ensuring to leave bolts loose on both ends of up pipe until all are in place.

Soldato
Nah it's easy - did mine in about an hour and a half.

Remove intercooler, disconnect downpipe, undo all bolts on top of turbo, get underneath the car, remove bolts connecting to manifold, remove nut that holds engine mount in place, jack engine up, slide up pipe out. Standard up pipe is harder to get out than a stainless one because it has heatshields etc. on it.

Then do reverse, ensuring to leave bolts loose on both ends of up pipe until all are in place.

Lost me at 'remove intercooler'

Soldato
Rate wanted my car done for wednesday..... looks like DG has gone off the radar for a while. Rang RCM and they said they havent heard anything from him in a while and he aint booked any time on there rolling road.

Anyone else highly rated in the midlands?

Man of Honour
Rate wanted my car done for wednesday..... looks like DG has gone off the radar for a while. Rang RCM and they said they havent heard anything from him in a while and he aint booked any time on there rolling road.

Anyone else highly rated in the midlands?

Zen performance. Not sure if they are what you'd call midlands though

Back
Top Bottom