Who here owns an Abarth?

Associate
DSC_0469.jpg

We've had our Abarth 2 months now and love it.

Soldato
Had my 500 a year and half now and still not bored of driving it every day. Upgraded the brakes when I bought it for some EBC drilled and grooved with yellowstuff pads and swapped the exhaust to a Magneti Marelli and it pops and bangs so much now.

5ztzREq.jpg

It's now got Michelin PS4 on the front tyres and will on the back when the P Zero are due to be changed.

Associate
OP
Had my 500 a year and half now and still not bored of driving it every day. Upgraded the brakes when I bought it for some EBC drilled and grooved with yellowstuff pads and swapped the exhaust to a Magneti Marelli and it pops and bangs so much now.

5ztzREq.jpg

It's now got Michelin PS4 on the front tyres and will on the back when the P Zero are due to be changed.

Cool colour and alloy combination! Did you find the PS4s to be noticeably better?

Soldato
Cool colour and alloy combination! Did you find the PS4s to be noticeably better?

The grey always gets comments :) changes colour depending on how sunny it is also can look almost white under the right lighting.

Straight away, after reading so much on here about the PS4 and Camskill finally stocking them in the Abarth 17" size I took the plunge as I wasn't far off needing to replace the front ones and the whole car feels different, grips better, bumps aren't as harsh due to the kevlar makeup of the tyre. Half of my daily commute in country lanes and I'm glad I made the switch. Plus from a purely vain POV the Michelin look so much better on the sidewall and fit the look of the car more.

Associate
As I have popped these in one or 2 threads. I am the happy owner of a 595 Comp. Had her since May '17 and is a great little thing, truely a fun car and still no regrets over buying one.

Associate
OP
As I have popped these in one or 2 threads. I am the happy owner of a 595 Comp. Had her since May '17 and is a great little thing, truely a fun car and still no regrets over buying one.

Love the colour and the posh seats! It's the Performance pack you have, is it not? Do you also have the LSD along with the lightweight wheels and carbon backed seats?

Associate
OP
Oh yes she has the performance pack which includes the LSD along with the wheels and carbon backs :)

Perfect! Hope you are coming on September 15th at the meet! I could not find one with the performance pack so I had to "cheat" and install the team dynamics lightweight alloys and the Quaife LSD to try to match it ... :(

Associate
Perfect! Hope you are coming on September 15th at the meet! I could not find one with the performance pack so I had to "cheat" and install the team dynamics lightweight alloys and the Quaife LSD to try to match it ... :(

Unfortunately I cannot make it, being a shift worker is a pain sometimes. Plus I am getting married in October so all of my leave has been spent already haha. I do want to make a meet as soon as life calms down a bit though.

Although the recent facelift changes look good. Remote monza, new paint, carbon pack, auto lights/wipers etc. It definitely doesn't leave me feeling short changed. But I am thinking about in a year or 2's time ordering one from the factory to my exact spec and keeping it. Or wait and seeing if they release a new Biposto!

Associate
OP
Unfortunately I cannot make it, being a shift worker is a pain sometimes. Plus I am getting married in October so all of my leave has been spent already haha. I do want to make a meet as soon as life calms down a bit though.

Although the recent facelift changes look good. Remote monza, new paint, carbon pack, auto lights/wipers etc. It definitely doesn't leave me feeling short changed. But I am thinking about in a year or 2's time ordering one from the factory to my exact spec and keeping it. Or wait and seeing if they release a new Biposto!

I agree regarding the facelift updates. Nothing that I will miss. Coming from a superb l&k with every imaginable extra I did not get the 595 for the automatic wipers. I actually rather like how most things are manual, reminds me of nice hot hatches I used to drive when younger.

Soldato
There was a thread which I think you posted in (I recall the pictures of the steering extender)... :D

I don't think it was a owners thread though, more of a spec me one.

I did mention to my wife about removing the rear seats to reduce the weight. Apparently I am not allowed to do that.... :o

Associate
OP
There was a thread which I think you posted in (I recall the pictures of the steering extender)... :D

I don't think it was a owners thread though, more of a spec me one.

I did mention to my wife about removing the rear seats to reduce the weight. Apparently I am not allowed to do that.... :o

I forgot to ask. She did not notice yet...

Back
Top Bottom