Who needs aircon when you can just open a window?

Soldato
I just can not comprehend the people who say that they would rather have the windows down than air con on on a HOT day, warm I agree but when its sweltering chilly air con is the best feeling in the world. Even better on those sticky humid days.

Shame mine went all french car on me and packed up :( was working fine one day then the compresser wouldn't cu in the next so I think its more than just re-gassing it needs :( oh well, been without it for 16 months now so I don't think I'll be getting it done now as I'll only have the car another 2 years max by which time it'll have 150k+ on the clock and be worth £3.64 :p

Soldato
Hate said:
ah yes, i just whack the climate control straight onto 18, thatll do nicely ;)

Thats a lovely story, identical to mine :D

Hmmm, lovely ice cool air wafting around the cabin whilst I cruise along in peace and quiet.

Or

Windows open, ears assaulted by the wind noise and buffeting, covered in road grime/fine dust after a long journey. Potentially cooking myself whilst sat in traffic (and lets face it, thsats the majority of the journey).

Bit of a no brainer methinks ;)

Fog

PS negligible difference to fuel economy and performance with AC on or off

Man of Honour
I'm missing my aircon something chronic (either the condensor or evaporator has had it, can't remember which, but it's going to be serious money to fix and not worth doing) at the moment...

Next car will definitely have AC or climate control :)

Soldato
So pleased I found one with aircon. Left the engine running whilst taking photos earlier, and when I got out the heat hit me like a wave, like getting off the plane on holiday. Getting back in was great, like sitting in a fridge :D

Caporegime
[SKR]Phoenix said:
You mean 18? Thought 18 was lowest before LO came into play?

Anyway. LO for the win!. Sweat your arses off, get a loverly 30 degree breeze. I know which I prefer!

Yeah LO is around 17ºc according to my digital thermometer (not part of the car).

Associate
My car has air con ... shame its got a leak and im too tight to have it repaired atm ... however the heat we've had this week is killing me in the car. I burnt my hand on my gearnob yesterday!! and i screamed like a little girl when i went to get a pound coin frm my coin holder, it was soooo hot!! Roll on the winter! :cool:

Soldato
hittman said:
how is air con in a car powered?

pop your bonnet then switch it on or off, you should see a compressor somewhere start to spin faster

theres loads of pulleys off one belt from the engine, mine is right at the front at the bottom, when the aircon is on it starts spinning a lot faster

Soldato
Top down for me at the moment, although my next modern car will definately have some form of air con. I have never owned a modern car without air con.

The classics don't have it, but it was an option on the Stag so, potentially, with a lot of work and a bit of luck, I suppose it could be retro-fitted, but that would depend on parts availability (I have no idea how many ever took the air con option, so I don't know if the parts are still available).

Anyway, it doesn't really matter as both have soft tops. I must remember to retrim the Stag seats in proper leather though, rather than "period" vinyl.

Hot days, plus vinyl, even with the top down = sweaty butt :(

Soldato
Beepcake said:
Aircon in the house, aircon in the car, aircon in the office.. couldn't have it any other way :)

xmoon.gif

Back
Top Bottom