Who owns a 350z/370z?

Man of Honour
You have asked several times, and I have told you - it is in the thread too ;)

Decat
Full exhaust
Headers
Plenum spacer
Airbox mod
Remap

(i.e. several k's worth)

Then lots of non engine bits, drivetrain i.e. LSD, flywheel and clutch, braided hoses, braided clutch line, uprated disc and pads, new stereo, LED bulbs, stubby aerial + other stuff I cannot remember.

Things I want to do is suspension, 3.9 final drive mod. But that's all big bucks.

I'd love to do a full engine rework (bore & stroke) but again that's silly money, and I'd be better off going FI.

So I'm going to concentrate on handling mods instead as it is plenty fast as it is. There are some better breathing mods I could do, and cams... but again that's money for marginal gain.

Well, finally got one after hunting for quite some time. Sorry for the bad pic, will get some better ones up when I have the time.

I cant stop driving it! ticks all the boxes for me, good handling, sufficient power and the soundtrack is very nice indeed, very addictive.
Compared to my old car (STI) it feels nice and solid and is a welcome change after driving Subaru's for the best part of a decade.

It's a 57 plate with 38k on the clock, FSH with the last owner of 3 years who used Abbey Motorsport.

It has new Hawk disks with stoptech ceramic pads which are very good.
Also has Cobra HFC's with full Milltek exhaust along with an uprev remap with switchable maps
Refurbed wheels too so not a mark on them.

Car is in very good nick, only issues are a few small stone chips on front bumper and the inside door panels have the usual scratches on, quick fix.

Oh, the satnav is nearly useless :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Very nice! Nice upgrades too. Whats the exhaust like? I think I'd like the Invidia Gemini system but still need to hear some exhausts in person. I'm after a deep noise rather than anything raspy!

Has it got a stubby aerial or the OEM long thin one?

Very nice! Nice upgrades too. Whats the exhaust like? I think I'd like the Invidia Gemini system but still need to hear some exhausts in person. I'm after a deep noise rather than anything raspy!

Has it got a stubby aerial or the OEM long thin one?

Cheers, exhaust note is great, seems to be the perfect balance, nice and quiet when driving slow but put your foot down and you get a nice v6 growl, perfect, zero cabin drone too. Will get some footage up when I get the time.

Came with a stubby aerial but the reception was crap so swapped back to the original one

Associate
I didn't realise there was a 350z thread! I picked up this beauty about 18 months ago now.

I have no plans to mod it other than get the paintwork tidied up (rusty arches) and the wheels a fresh powder coat.

vXGCQUFh.jpg

Soldato
^ Nice :)

Looks like an expensive month for me....Have got MOT, P2 service, new front discs and pads and now the exhaust is blowing...it's at the rubber sections on the Y-pipe. Though found a stainless steel one on ebay for £119

I guess this will be fine?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/NISS...2134&clkid=8736154575053661428&_qi=RTM2065532

Also, since they are doing the discs and pads, I might get them to upgrade to braided brake lines....£60 on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350Z-Z33-...022884?hash=item5d4e15fee4:g:aLQAAOSwp5JWXxGh

Are these ok? and do they make that much of a difference? I drive hard but just on the road, no track driving.

(and I need an exhaust and 2 tyres on my mazda as well!)

Associate
^ Nice :)

Looks like an expensive month for me....Have got MOT, P2 service, new front discs and pads and now the exhaust is blowing...it's at the rubber sections on the Y-pipe. Though found a stainless steel one on ebay for £119

I guess this will be fine?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/NISS...2134&clkid=8736154575053661428&_qi=RTM2065532

Also, since they are doing the discs and pads, I might get them to upgrade to braided brake lines....£60 on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350Z-Z33-...022884?hash=item5d4e15fee4:g:aLQAAOSwp5JWXxGh

Are these ok? and do they make that much of a difference? I drive hard but just on the road, no track driving.

(and I need an exhaust and 2 tyres on my mazda as well!)

The Y pipe failing is fairly common, I moved to the static Stillen Y pipe which has been on the car for almost 3 years now and its great, I have no idea about that one but its like half the price of the Stillen which is surprising but looks pretty similar!

To be honest I'm not sure I would bother with braided brake hoses, I personally think they are addition people seem to-do automatically without thinking about where the problems with their braking is. I've never thought 'gee, I need to be able to apply more pressure to these pads' - I'd personally use the saved cash to go for better pads and/or discs, as I've frequently thought 'I wish I had less heat in my pads' :rolleyes:

Soldato
Braided hoses are a waste of money IMO. I've done it on two of my cars now. First time I didn't notice any difference at all in any scenario, but then I had good fluid without air before hand. Second time around I only did it because I damaged one of the stock lines and it was cheaper than replacing with factory ones. Same story, no difference.

I honestly believe that people who claim a difference simply had crap fluid full of air in their system beforehand.

Man of Honour
I changed to braided hoses as 1 had split and the other was looking poorly, and I was changing my discs, so I thought why not. Not expensive, and there is a marginal improvement in brake feel, you can tell, especially if pressing on. Would I have bought them "just because"? Probably not, but they're so cheap and they don't make things worse so why not.

Associate
Hi all...
Bit of a nightmare scenario..

So bought my 370 11 months ago. It went in for a major service and got told it would need 4 new tyres before the MOT, due in a few weeks time. Ok, great, so i say ill book in the MOT in a few weeks time with them.

Next day i get a flat tyre on the front passenger side on the way to work. The garagei went to is 30 odd miles away back in my home town and my car is now at work.

So i order 4 new tyres from tyresonthdrive to get them all done and they turn up in a couple of days at my work to fix them.

Turns out i don't have the stupid wheel nut key.. I ask the dealer i got it from and surprise surprise they are no help whatsoever. I also dont have the card with the code to get another key sent to me. No spare, i have a repair kit.

The puncture feels like its on the inside of the tyre on the tyre wall so i'm wondering if i can use the repair kit to get me to the local nissan dealer (about 3 miles away). Or am i best getting it picked up on a flatbed? I don't think it can be towed from the front..

**Err how can it have a major service without them taking the tyres off... ring them up and they say that they thought they'd do it when it came back for tyres.

What would you guys do?

Back
Top Bottom