Who owns a 350z/370z?

Soldato
i'm always looking at them on autotrader and thats been on the site for a bit. i got instantly put off by the phrase 'mint runner' maybe thats just me!

Soldato
that respray on the front bumper is lol worthy, as if they forgot to clear coat it!

it looks like the base spec 350z aka -;

no brembos
no cruise/steering wheel controls(as freefaller said it is imported)
exhaust is not stock either

It is cheap and looks alright otherwise but for 1000-1500 more you can pick up a uk car with similar miles, older one of course - 2003-04

Soldato
I've been looking at 350zs recently and I've found one close to me at a reasonable price but the service history worries me..

14/11/06 @ 2050 miles

Unsure of date @ 10922 miles

5/10/07 @ 19590 miles

3/10/08 @ 21008 miles

6/10/09 @29518 miles

2/11/11 @39197 miles

16/9/16 @ 48000 miles

Sgarrista
Commissario
No service for 5 years?

I would be running a mile :) Alternatively, if its in good cosmetic condition and in your price range take the car to Litchfield imports and have them do a full check on the car for any issues.

Soldato
No service for 5 years?

I would be running a mile :) Alternatively, if its in good cosmetic condition and in your price range take the car to Litchfield imports and have them do a full check on the car for any issues.

This ^

Have you asked why no service for 5 years? Could be that it has been done by the owner/previous owner and there's no stamp in the book?

Soldato
Yea but there are plenty of idiots who seem to think servicing is optional.

I work with someone like that. He thinks just because he doesn't do many miles that the oil etc doesn't need changing every year. He also buys the cheapest tyres possible, because "they are all the same" then wonders why his Civic has a dangerous lack of grip in the wet. These are the kind of sellers you have to watch out for :/

Last edited:
Soldato
So it seems my front washer pump has gone again (rear washers are working, so it's not the fuse). I only had it replaced ~ 20 months ago after a winter where the car hadn't been used much.

Same now, I hadn't used it much through Jan & Feb, had to jump start the old girl and now the washers aren't working

Is this a weak point/known issue or have I just been unlucky?

Associate
Looking to purchase my first z in the next few months.. 370z and my search criteria is as follows, black, GT or GT ultimate (not sure on that orange interior in the ultimate), connect premium with the updated bose system and touchscreen sat-nav, less than 30k miles with decent history. Probably a 10 plate but I guess between 10-12 plate. Budget around 15k mark. I know that falls more into the 09 plate cars but I may push higher for the right car.

Talking of service intervals. I like the fact you can setup your own service plan in the cars maintenance menu.

Man of Honour
You can get a good one for around £6.5-£7k.

On the 350 forum I was told I could easily get around that for mine, but mine has under 85k miles and has been immaculately looked after.

Still comes up nicely after a little clean (no wax/polish yet).

NFTXrGIl.jpg

Associate
Have just replaced the banana arms on mine and swapped out the rusty old cats for some nice shiny hfcs.

Oddly I changed the banana arms because I was told they needed doing and changed the cats because I wanted to. When I took them off it was clear the cats were buggered and the banana arms had nothing wrong with them.

Associate
So it seems my front washer pump has gone again (rear washers are working, so it's not the fuse). I only had it replaced ~ 20 months ago after a winter where the car hadn't been used much.

Same now, I hadn't used it much through Jan & Feb, had to jump start the old girl and now the washers aren't working

Is this a weak point/known issue or have I just been unlucky?

Strangely enough I replaced my front and rear about 18 months ago and the rears not working now...

Freefaller - very tidy buddy

Back
Top Bottom