Who queues for the next day opening?

Soldato
Hey guys,

Justg wondering if any of you go and stay overnight / early morning for launches, for the iPads or Watches etc..

I will be at Edinburgh early morning for the new AW4 when its released! Really cant wait :eek::eek::(:(

Commissario
I did it once for the experience when the iPad 2 was released. Been there, done that, won't do it again. I just order online now for launch day delivery.

/edit - I didn't go overnight but was at the store when it opened in the morning. This was a launch where they released it at 18:18 or some such stupid time. Me and LMF were first in the queue.

Soldato
There wasn’t any lines last year.

Fairly sure all the stock went to orders and reservations.

Plus no one lines up for an iPad or Apple Watch.

Soldato
OP
The thing that was awesome for Edinburgh, is that StarBucks came out and took orders for coffee, whatever we wanted for free of charge!

Same happened at Breahead shopping centre, (although they were size limitations there) need to give Kudos for them for that!

Soldato
Never understood this phenomenon.

It's like people think "I have a phone that, today, is fine, tomorrow I'll die if I'm still using it." or something.

I have taken the day off work for console launches, but who doesn't love a day in their pants, drinking beer, eating takeaway and playing games while everyone else is at work?

Soldato
No, I'd never be that bothered about getting something at the very moment of release. And with the internet, you just preorder and it's basically the same but with massively less hassle.

Sorry, but I just have to say it...

The word is 'queues'. 'Cues' is an entirely different word. ;)

Soldato
No I've never done it before. I've seen videos of them online and I find it a little cringy to be honest - Especially when all the Apple staff are told to clap you as you walk in... :confused:

I'll order the new iPhone when it is announced for pre-ordering on Wednesday, and I will have it delivered on the day it is released.

Soldato
OP
No I've never done it before. I've seen videos of them online and I find it a little cringy to be honest - Especially when all the Apple staff are told to clap you as you walk in... :confused:

I'll order the new iPhone when it is announced for pre-ordering on Wednesday, and I will have it delivered on the day it is released.

Yeah, it is a little cringy when they clap, but on the other hand, I love it :p

Soldato
Queued from 3AM in Exeter for the iPX, will probably queue again this year.

I expect it would suck doing it alone, but with others and constant coffee runs it's quite good fun and the time flies when you're chatting anyway.

Back
Top Bottom