1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who shaves their head?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by psd99, 16 Oct 2015.

1. Parsley

Wise Guy

Why do you say that? I buzz my hair down to a No.1 because if I don't I get horrible eczema on my scalp. I wouldn't change back to letting it grow long either, I'm used to it and genuinely prefer it.

2. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

I can't wait to go to work tomorrow.
    I was growing my hair for both my daughters weddings the first on Jul 3rd.
    I'd got it to a number 9 and was touching it up when I took the clippers through and cut a load off the side.
    This is the only way out.

[​IMG]

3. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

Same here, it's been a bugger keeping control of the eczema/psoriasis while I let it grow a bit.

4. Parsley

Wise Guy

If this is something you haven't tried, give it a go.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004H6YKPE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No idea why the images are what they are, but that's the correct listing (bought some in march).

Or this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Head-Shoul...words=selenium+shampoo&qid=1623774005&sr=8-25

Selenium Shampoo is expensive but having such short hair we only need a small amount each time. It really does work for me though (there are other sorts available, I just know these ones work), alongside the short hair, nothing else helps!

General anti dandruff shampoos including T-Gel, Charcoal variants and generic Anti-Dandruff options do nothing to help.

5. FBi7

Wise Guy

I also have psoriasis on my scalp and behind my ears. I like having longer hair but find longer hair irritates my skin and stops UV light getting to it. So I shave my head with clippers, grade zero. My hair grows fairly quickly so shave it once a fortnight.

6. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

I have a proper cream on prescription that works a treat called Dovobet, the only problem is applying it when my hair gets above a number 5.
    I've even bought a fine nit comb so I can scratch them off when the creme has done it's magic, with a number 1 I just wash my scalp.

7. Parsley

Wise Guy

I fortunately avoided Psoriasis (Dad has it really bad), I don't think that one is something they prescribe for Eczema. I'd rather avoid steroid cream where I can anyhow, already having thinner skin on my fingers from the creams I had to use as a Child, had it pretty bad as a tot! I've mostly grown out of it nowadays, just the odd flare up if I keep on top of it!

Last edited: 15 Jun 2021
  8. Malevolence

Capodecina

It's the only way to go.

[​IMG]

9. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

Yes I saw that the other day

10. Digital X

Sgarrista

I'll get a grade 1 tomorrow if I remember and post it here. My last photo was a wreck lol.

Looking above my Stepad used to rock a mohawk/mohican, bright red like a foot tall. skinny jeans and pink boots. he's still living his punk days lol.

11. Participant

Caporegime

If anyone's interested I'm keeping track of my progress on finasteride (now also alternating with dutasteride) and minoxidil.

Hair length and lighting conditions are similar, but it's darkened massively which makes it look like there's less light in the picture on the right.

Going to carry on until 12 months then decide whether there's enough progress to get an HT, or just shave it and say 'at least I tried'.

[​IMG]

12. Hades

Caporegime

Aside from the darker colour I think it does look a little thicker in places? I can never see me wanting to use something like that because I've been shaving my head for years. But well done for trying.

13. psd99

Soldato

damn nearly 6 years ago when i started this thread....

I got a routine going now I usually shave the head twice a week
    I buy whichever r the cheapest razors I can generally £3.99 or so and that'll last me a number of shaves. I also treated myself to a shaving brush lol

14. Malevolence

Capodecina

Just done mine this morning, have a properly defined mohawk now rather than a few mm of 'longer stubble'.

15. MR_Punk

Sgarrista

I started to thin on top so I bit the bullet and went and did a 2 all over, followed a few days later by a 1 then a no guard. Fast forward a couple of months and I'm getting the razor on it most days. I love how "neat" it looks and even more when I get a nice shine to it (bowling ball head!)

16. dave28

Wise Guy

i just No 2 since i wear a cap half the time. Shaving must be a real faff

17. pinkpound

Wise Guy

Been wet shaving my my head for about 8+ years now and have suffered from Psoriasis for 20+years . I tend to wet shave once a week and use my Braun series 9 in between , after a shave I use Aveeno daily moisturising lotion on my head and not had a Psoriasis flare up in many years.

18. Cadder

Wise Guy

Wet shaving my head in the shower is so much easier and neater for me than using clippers.

19. Hedge

Capodecina

I use a remington quick cut with no guard on my head. I had to accept I was looking a bit thin on top and lockdown was the opportunity to change.

These days if I go a week without shaving it I feel I look a mess.

20. Cadder

Wise Guy

Those are the clippers I use. I've had them a couple years now and they seem to be tiring out.