Who uses a 3.5mm to usb-c adapter?

Soldato
OP
I would make the assumption you won't get any warranty with the device, but other than that, they seem to be fine :)
Wouldn't there be a OP manufacturer's warranty?
Pay via credit card for Section 75 protection.
Definitely! I have a card that doesn't charge me for international currencies, wonder if it works out cheaper paying in USD or something else.

Hmn.. tempting... :(

Associate
If you have a Revolut or Monza card you can pay in dollars to save more.Effectively no warranty tho ,would cost £40-£50 to send it back to them.Also the charger will be the 2 pin variety but UK charger can be be bought for around £14.

Soldato
OP
Hmn good points. My credit card allows international transactions with no fee so I could save by paying in dollars without Monza etc. I'm not sure though (about Gearbest, I mean)

So, back to the question in hand. How the heck do I find out if the 6T has a DAC in the phone or in the supplied dongle? How do I find out if the DAC in the 6T is the same as the 6? :confused:

Caporegime
The bullets headphones they sell have their own DAC so it'll be in the dongle and I doubt it would be the same one as the one included in the 6 itself.

Soldato
If audio is important to the end user surely a review of the phones audio capabilities is in order before even thinking of buying a phone (to use a music player with headphones [wired or not] ) . Having used a OnePlus6T only the other day the audio sounded OK via BT headphones I own (Bose Quiet) and I connected my sennhiser wired headphones via a USB dongle and the initial sound I heard via poweramp with the EQ set to my preference was NOT even close to how it should sound, well to my ears. I always choose wired whenever possible for audio (currently rocking the Poco F1)

Associate
I have never been interested in using BT earphones but after buying a 6T I decided to give the OnePlus Bullets a go. Out of the box they are slightly lacking in bass but are clear and quite detailed, after a bit of tweaking of the eq in Poweramp though I am very happy with them.

Associate
My P7s were about £320 RRP, and honestly, they sound excellent in any comparable wired headphones (I’ve got a wired desktop rig too). Any downsides are nothing to do with the lack of cable, I reckon in terms of sound quality you’re going to be up into fairly high end kit before you start noticing a real difference due to being tethered.

In some respects they can even be better because the DACs, Amps etc can be voiced perfectly to match the drivers as they’re all made/developed by the same company with a clear goal in mind.

I understand that there are some concerns with max bitrate and latency but these have not impacted my enjoyment in any appreciable way.

I dont think anyone really needs to worry about suggested decreases in sound quality with BT unless they are going for high end sound, and if that’s your goal, you are unlikely to be using the headphone jack of a phone as a source anyway.

All of this ignores the benefits, namely, not being tethered to a device. It’s extremely liberating! :)

Back
Top Bottom