1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who will be the next Labour leader?

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by BowdonUK, Dec 14, 2019.

1. McstylisT

Wise Guy

I would love to see him oust momentum. Or attempt to.
    However as you real labour lovers know momentum has entangled itself with the party. The new wave of ideological support through indoctrination in the schools and universities are all momentum ideological teachings and firm Corbynistas. This is why “Wrong daily” was the dark favourite.
    Although momentum is the main part wrong with labour in modern days.

Then dep is Rayner. Wow. Then you seen nothing has changed and if they think people like this will churn support then you are back where you started. Rayner is so ideological is dangerous.

2. Tony Edwards

Mobster

No its the anti Labour fanatic lot that 'know' momentum has entangled itself with the party.

Most Labour supporters know that its just a group much like all the other groups within the Labour party but I dont expect someone that manages to get thrown out of the Coronavirus thread for being a bit racist to understand that.

3. Irish_Tom

Capodecina

Got any evidence for this?

It’s an accusation I’ve heard more than once before but it’s never substantiated.

I know a lot of teachers, college and university lecturers. Even the Labour voters amongst them could hardly be described as Corbynistas, never mind pursuing a program of political indoctrination on their students.

To be honest, most of them don’t have the time to pursue the program on the curriculum, never mind extra-curricular indoctrination even if they were that way inclined.

4. Tony Edwards

Mobster

Sorry Tom but how you have read that post and expected any sense from it is beyond me.

5. RDM

Capodecina

Speaking as a teacher, I have neither the time nor inclination to indoctrinate kids, none of us do!

6. do_ron_ron

Sgarrista

As a retired teacher I must have been remiss all those years as I never mentioned politics at all. I was even a part time university lecturer for two years and again I never mentioned politics. I must have missed the e-mail or meeting when they said it was compulsory.

To show how dumb that statement is, if true, how come anybody votes Tory or any other party. Over to you.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  7. Sankari

Capodecina

Nonsense. I'm not an anti-Labour fanatic, but I'm stridently anti-Momentum.

8. Tony Edwards

Mobster

Oh yes you are. Also its not about being anti Momentum its about the hold that CTers think it has on Labour.

Momentum is just the new 'communism' to some.

9. Irish_Tom

Capodecina

What can I say, I’m a glutton for punishment. :D

I’ll take some solace in the knowledge that the next few posts after mine pretty much reiterated what I was saying. :)

10. Sankari

Capodecina

It's hilarious that you think anyone who doesn't like Momentum must be anti-Labour. You cannot comprehend that people might actually have legitimate reasons for despising Momentum despite liking Labour. You sound like a cultist.

You can search my entire posting history on this forum, and you'll find no evidence that I'm anti-Labour, but plenty of evidence that I'm anti-Brexit, pro-union, pro-nationalisation, and pro-NHS.

I don't agree with everything Labour does and stands for, but I agree with them a lot more than I agree with the Tories. Anti-Labour? Don't make me laugh.

11. McstylisT

Wise Guy

Well there you go again. Sad low quality response but power to the people wolfe. Lol

So here you go claiming all labour is united. You keep talking to me like I don’t know the electorate. I spoke with many of them including labour supporters. The new wave of supporters are indoctrination ideological types that love Corbyn and like momentum.
    I am not saying all have this view but a significant majority of young new voters have a very different view to your one Tony. Lol

12. McstylisT

Wise Guy

Well all I can say is you must have been luck in the years you were solidly teaching. This should be the case, and no political agenda should need be present. This is how real teaching should be.
    From the Blair era this is when it got really bad. The final transformation of the real Labour Party disintegrated into a Tony Blair think tank institute. The party has never recovered from this.

I have friends on twitter and Facebook who have a similar profession to yourself and they have said it’s becoming overwhelming the level on one sided ideology. If one shares an opposite ideology then that person is cast out or frowned upon. That’s not fair intelligent debate. Neither would send or recommend their own children attend this university.

Link this to Corbyn pressing for the young to be voting at 16.? What sensible reason can anyone think allowing a child to make a vote in that magnitude was a realistic idea. Because he “knew” they would all vote for him. Because of the links to momentum and educational institutions.

13. Tony Edwards

Mobster

Thats not what I said. There is a big difference to just not liking Momentum and claiming they are at the heart of Labour ruining it. You sound like a cultist not that far removed from McstylistT.
    Welcome to politics.

14. McstylisT

Wise Guy

You are beginning to see now.

This is modern Labour. You cannot disagree, have a valid point or scrutinise it’s cult like inhabitants like momentum.

The moment you do, as you have openly been shot down even ideologically attacked.

Anti labour , next brexiteers, then bigot and finally racist.

it’s a never ending story of extreme ideology fantasy that people like this want in the world. They do no wrong and it’s everyone else that is wrong for not thinking this way.

like everyone knows, Labour will never get power in the next 10-20 years so we are safe for now. LoL

15. Sankari

Capodecina

When did I ever claim they are at the heart of Labour and ruining it? I've said they're a toxic influence and should be booted from the party. That's a far cry from the assertion you're putting in my mouth.

16. chroniclard

Capodecina

lol Mcstylist, hes Tang0's brother.

17. Tony Edwards

Mobster

Hmm.

18. do_ron_ron

Sgarrista

In Scotland voting is 16 for their Parliament. At 16 in Scotland you can get married, without your parent's permission and have children. It would have been remiss of their Govt to not allow them to vote as they are classed as adult. Looking at some of the reasons for people voting for Brexit, for example, the16 yrs old I have taught were more analytical in their approach.

19. StriderX

Capodecina

Why is a senile 100 year old allowed to vote when they can't even remember the names of their family?

That's what this ageist ******** boils down to, there is no reason. A 16 year old is about as sensible as a 24 year old going by scientific evidence, so the reasoning is already shaky, there's more justification for putting voting at 25, but that's no longer acceptable, so the argument falls to pieces.

It gets even more facetious when you start talking about the wars they always hark back to, what about all the 16 year olds on the front line, even if the minimum was 18, are they going to say their sacrifice was nullified because they weren't old enough? Hell no they wont.

20. Irish_Tom

Capodecina

Sounds like one dodgy uni than evidence of a national-level conspiracy to indoctrinate an entire generation to me.

Just as Evergreen State is not representative of the entire US education system, despite the antics that went on there being beyond ridiculous.

Name and shame the accused uni please.