1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's Buying Gold

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by fester, Feb 4, 2009.

1. do_ron_ron

Sgarrista

America has or is about to remove laws put in after the Crash to prevent it happening again. This would make another Crash or large adjustment likely in the years ahead.

2. StriderX

Capodecina

Doesn't really matter if there are laws in place or not, a new problem was created with the solution to the previous crisis that isn't solved by said solution. The dollar is going into the ditch at some point, there's just a matter of when.

Trump made rather sure it'd happen sooner.

3. silversurfer

Capodecina

Since this thread is quiet, Dollar interest rates appear to have risen (ignoring inflation etc) and things like crypto take over common interest its probably a positive for the long term price that gold is not especially weak

Saw this video and seems like it relates to elements like gold and its wider modern usage

https://youtu.be/EC0G7pY4wRE?t=888

I dont think laws have eliminated a crash but the most likely case is a drop in value of currency more then defaults occurring like we saw 10 years ago. How widespread can debt handling like Greek bonds be spread elsewhere in each case of non performance around the world I dont know but it'll be paid for in other ways, where as default is the correct path in a capitalist system

4. silversurfer

Capodecina

Good representation for both sides of the argument I thought in this video, usually it turns into nonsense or they shout over each other.
    Its a really old one but its relevant to gold as its traded in dollars both of which asset types are tier 1 assets held by central banks as security on a national level as well as many others. Could also be said 13 years later, this must be wrong but I think the price action on gold has been decent enough and I have it beating a downtrend of over half a decade now which should mean it gets noticed more. If this thread is still dead year end I guess I was wrong to call that short term on a decade long asset type.