• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who's ditching 48XX for 58XX?

Soldato
Eventually.

I promised myself i'd spend no more than £250 on a 5870, and i'm determined to stick to it. Plus I want the VAPOR-X.

I'm going to upgrade to i5/i7 in the meantime.

Soldato
Aside from the early adopters i think most will wait for it to drop to £250

i'll be ditching x16xx for 5870, i think i might notice the performance difference :D

Associate
I was seriously tempted, but common sense has prevailed. My 4870 can handle pretty much everything I throw at it anyway, so instead, I've decided to make the leap to SSD when I get Windows 7 next month - that should be a noticeable difference :)

Then, early next year, I'll have another look at what cards are available, and also what DX11 games are in the works. STALKER Call of Pripyat is the one I'm currently most looking forward to.

AMG

AMG

Soldato
No, my CF HD4890 can handle themselves well atm

So no need to upgrade, I got a hard rule, if it works to your standards than leave it. i may do next year when all the games get released however

Associate
I will more than likely wait til the 5xxx series drops to around 150, no need for a replacement while my 4870 is capable atm.

Associate
I'm probably going to adopt, just wait a little. I also want to hear news on the 5870x2 and/or a potential 5890, because I came into dx10 quite late, so crossfiring isn't something I want to go into with dx10 cards.

Roll on a year down the line when the dx11 line up is really getting interesting.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Yup - ditching two 512mb 4870's in xfire for one 5870 now (along with new i7 build) and another 5870 for some xfire action as soon as EK releases his waterblocks :)

Soldato

So no need to upgrade, I got a hard rule, if it works to your standards than leave it. i may do next year when all the games get released however

my rule as well.

i reacon my 2x4850's will last me 18months.

Soldato

nice that i am not alone on thinking this, i have just picked up a second HD4770 cheaply so will be running 2 in Xfire. reckon that they should keep me going for a while on a 19in screen. One does a stirling job in pretty much everything.

Maybe this time next year after buying house, new car, eternity ring for wife....etc...etc lol

Associate
Have thought about it, but not sure as I have 4870x2 which is more than capable, besides I only really play GTR2.
Will wait till DX11 is in full swing then pick up a x2 card.

Soldato
I'm just waiting on the 5870X2. Currently using the 4870X2 and I am very pleased with it...but you know some of us tech savvy guys like to have the latest things when they come out...but I may just wait that little bit longer like I did with the 4870X2...so let's hope XFX release something beasty but not too heavy on the price ;) :D

Back
Top Bottom