• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who's going to buy ?

Permabanned
This is rubbish. Don't get your knickers in a twist because you paid loads for crap performance. 780 is a waste of money and most will agree.

Isn't rubbish at all, everything I said is there to see. Saying paid loads for crap performance just tells me you're trolling. Since when does a 780 perform crap?

Here you go:

0Uy5N5B.png

Look at the clock the 770 needs to even get within touching distance of a stock 780 which is the lowest 780 on that table. A stupidly clocked CPU and 7970 from 8 pack can just about touch it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Isn't rubbish at all, everything I said is there to see. Saying paid loads for crap performance just tells me you're trolling. Since when does a 780 perform crap?

This really, the 780/Titan were great when you look at them without hater goggles and see them for what they were, a chance to own next gen performance early for a price.

What I mean by that is that the battles went like so:

HD6xxx vs GTX5xx
HD7xxx vs GTX6xx/770
R2xx vs GTX???

The Titan/780 should be able to trade blows with most of the R2xx line as they made that performance available a generation early for a premium.

Last edited:
Permabanned
This really, the 780/Titan were great when you look at them without hater goggles and see them for what they were, a chance to own next gen performance early for a price.

I could maybe understand if he said a 780 isn't value for money but saying crap performance is just laughable, the amount of money he must have spent this year swapping between 10 different GPU's or something and his recent post about wanting another switch just tells me he still isn't happy.

The initial hints at the new cards aren't particular promising. Gibbo has said that the 7990 will remain the fastest amd single slot offering, and when the other cards come out the 7990 will return to 600-700 price point.

So no killer card (not a huge surprise) but also with the old 7990 back to 600-700 pound that leaves room for some very expensive single GPU offerings.

Same old :(

Caporegime
The 780 is a rip off. Not worth tbh.

Hardly a rip off, you have to pay high for the best single GPU's on the market, bar titan, look in the heaven thread, 780's are nearly touching 1700 score, your comment above about a clocked 770 hitting 780 level is rubbish, whyscotty clocked the nuts of a 770 and it only scored 1100 or something, 780's get around 1200 stock.

This is rubbish. Don't get your knickers in a twist because you paid loads for crap performance. 780 is a waste of money and most will agree.

Permabanned
Lol at someone saying 780 have crap performance :)

Single GTX 780 Scores P14848

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7172676

The 780 had high launch price, but there are loads of £469+ deals to be found, of course they will remain a lil pricey for longer as AMD have nothing out the gate yet, but saying the 780 has crap performance is a bit ignorant tbh.

For how much you pay for a 780 it is crap for performance.

Caporegime
The initial hints at the new cards aren't particular promising. Gibbo has said that the 7990 will remain the fastest amd single slot offering, and when the other cards come out the 7990 will return to 600-700 price point.

So no killer card (not a huge surprise) but also with the old 7990 back to 600-700 pound that leaves room for some very expensive single GPU offerings.

Same old :(

To be fair it was never going to be. We arent going to see any big jumps price/performance wise until 20nm next year.

Soldato
Is the any word yet on when the new AMD GPU's are arriving btw? need a new card and not sure if to pull the trigger now or wait it out (surviving on an old GTX260 after my GTX670 DC2 died lol).

Soldato
Is the any word yet on when the new AMD GPU's are arriving btw? need a new card and not sure if to pull the trigger now or wait it out (surviving on an old GTX260 after my GTX670 DC2 died lol).

Arriving Q4, according to Matt Skynner of AMD in this interview;
http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/amd_hawaii_is_30_smaller_than_kepler_gk110.html

They’re coming in Q4. I can’t reveal a pricepoint but we’re looking at more traditional enthusiast GPU pricepoints. We’re not targeting a $999 single GPU solution like our competition because we believe not a lot of people have that $999.
Not a lot of people have $999? I know I don't have that sort of stack to lay down on a GPU, but haven't Titans been flying off the shelves? I was under the impression that Nvidia have been struggling to meet demand.

CSA

CSA

Associate
Waiting for more info on new cards,im going to need a new card for BF4 playing at 1080p so dont know whether to get a 79xx now or wait abit longer and see how good these newer cards are.

are there going to be any features on the new cards that will future proof them more than the current cards ?

I hate waiting :(

Soldato
RetrogamerX said:
Nelly said:
How much did you pay for those GTX 770 Lightning's?

How much did you lose on selling your Titan...

Ponder a thought...?
RetrogamerX said:
Not £550 or £570 like most were at the time of release of the 780's

I lost nothing really on the Titan I got 98% of my money back:D

RetrogamerX said:
These cards run beautifully together.I paid £400 each for these.

Source

£800 for 770 SLI, you got kinda robbed there, you could have had 670 SLI back in May 2012 for £700 clocked beyond those cards.

Last edited:
Soldato

My 780 was £450, very happy with it thanks.

Saying a GTX 780 has crap performance is just ignorant bud. Come on, no need to start hating if you can't afford one, this time next year they will be going for sub £300, then you can pick one up and enjoy the crap performance a year later than everyone else..

*Edit, Just saw that you paid £400 for a GTX 770, no wonder your coming across as bitter :D*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom