• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Who's going to buy ?

Soldato
If it has around the same price release as 7970 once had, I dont expect myself buying one at launch and likely wait 6 months or more. Waited a year for the 7970 buy which was a great decison.

Its likely if BF4 will run as good as I think I rather watercool my 7970 and call it a day :D

the 780 is a hell of card still slower than amd´s fastest card and so is Titan so no idea why people consider buying a slower card that cost as much or more?
I mean why pay for a card that cost as much as a whole new computer? make no sense to me. ;)

Soldato
We all knew there was no way that the new GPU would outperform the 7990, but now that's been more or less confirmed, everyone seems to think it's going to be rubbish :)

The new one is bound to at least equal the 780, and will cost less. It's not going to perform worse than an overclocked 7970.

Soldato
We all knew there was no way that the new GPU would outperform the 7990, but now that's been more or less confirmed, everyone seems to think it's going to be rubbish :)

It is rubbish, the HD7970 and GTX680 were also rubbish as they were slower than the HD6990 and GTX590 and that's why nobody bought a HD7970 or GTX680! :p

Associate
I would like a new one, but I am going to try my best to hold off for a few months in hopes of the prices reducing. Fingers crossed that I don't cave in!

Soldato
I've been looking forward to these for a long time, put off 7950 xfire...

Just took delivery of some Monsoon fittings and misc bits for my loop, planning to WC 2 of these with a "volcano" theme (blue for water, orange/red for lava, black for rock/ash). :D Will be hoping for price/performance and no crazy gouging.

bru

bru

Soldato
Just to mention that even though Gibbo is a great guy, a brilliant salesman and a credit to OCUK. At this point in time he is guessing the same as the rest of us, he wont know the performance or the price of the new cards unless you really think that AMD are going to inform the buyers from online stores before they announce to the world at a hawaii then you are a bit delusional.

Soldato
Just to mention that even though Gibbo is a great guy, a brilliant salesman and a credit to OCUK. At this point in time he is guessing the same as the rest of us, he wont know the performance or the price of the new cards unless you really think that AMD are going to inform the buyers from online stores before they announce to the world at a hawaii then you are a bit delusional.
Don't think anyone is delusion enough to think AMD's top card's gonna wiped the floor with the GTX780. At best it would be a nose faster.

Realistically speaking, if AMD's top card can offer 95% of GTX780's performance at 80-85% of the price (£400-£425), and 2nd highest card offering 85% of GTX780's performance at 65-70% of the price (£325-£350), it would already be good enough for lots of people, and don't really need a card that beat the GTX780 (well, they would be fast enough to beat the GTX780 in AMD game titles at least, considering the 7970 is barely behind the GTX780 in those games).

Last edited:

bru

bru

Soldato
I was meaning people are a bit delusional if they think AMD are going to tell online stores buyers IE: Gibbo performance and price details before they announce to the world on the 25th.

Back
Top Bottom