Who's joining the queue for iPad 2 on Friday then?

Soldato
I've just had an invoice today from FedEx for import duty on my Sena case which I'm not too happy about. I only paid a total of £36 for it but they're asking for £26 duty and admin charge which bumps the cost up to over £60. This seems wrong to me.

Delayed reply, but make sure you do the math yourself. I dont think I've ever had a import duty invoice thats been correct. Quite often they're doing it in the wrong currency as well. Last one I got, they just waived as it was so far off the mark, should've been around £30 and they wanted £90-something.

Soldato
I've just had an invoice today from FedEx for import duty on my Sena case which I'm not too happy about. I only paid a total of £36 for it but they're asking for £26 duty and admin charge which bumps the cost up to over £60. This seems wrong to me.
Ouch, main reason putting me off ordering one of these. The duty is fine but when they then slap on a large admin fee it's just not worth it for low priced items.

Associate

Well now, if I were to don an ill fitting, borrowed fanatical Apple fanboy hat for a second, I might counter with "I guess Google had to resort to more drastic means, in order to stand a chance of a decent market share for Android. :rolleyes:"

Meanwhile, back in the real world, tis a tragedy to be sure. No doubt there will be rampant speculation about reduced safety measures to fulfil orders quicker.

Man of Honour
:( just smashed it. Using it in the kitchen as a recipe book and dropped a bottle of spice on it. Still works just the glass top in one corner. Know we see how good protect your bubble is.

Soldato
:( just smashed it. Using it in the kitchen as a recipe book and dropped a bottle of spice on it. Still works just the glass top in one corner. Know we see how good protect your bubble is.

Might be worth taking it into apple if other threads are anything to go by. Looks like people have had free replacement screens for iphone 4, not sure if they'd extend it to ipad but must be worth a try!

Soldato
Thinking of grabbing a 64GB iPad2 in a week or so, they still impossible to get hold of at the Apple stores? Or starting to get easier to get hold of now?

I called the one in Sheffield on Saturday and they said they're not getting them everyday and they're not even getting all the models so they couldn't honestly say how long it would take. I still think it is tough to get them. Just glad I got mine when I did :)

I'm after a second one for my other half now. It is proving to be rather difficult to get hold of one.

Soldato
I called the one in Sheffield on Saturday and they said they're not getting them everyday and they're not even getting all the models so they couldn't honestly say how long it would take. I still think it is tough to get them. Just glad I got mine when I did :)

I'm after a second one for my other half now. It is proving to be rather difficult to get hold of one.

Not really a problem, I'm happy to order @ apple.com and wait 2+ weeks, I'm in no rush really, just if they had them knocking around in Apple stores then was definitely worth popping down. I'll give Bluewater store a call before I plan to buy, otherwise I'll just order online (which is what is likely to happen I think).

Associate
Just a heads up. The flying rock place and JL have stock of the 32GB Black / White wifis now.

Thanks so much for this. I am flying out next Friday and wanted one before I left. Flying Rock place were able to deliver one for next Wednesday. I didn't want to test my luck on Duty Free but I won't open the one I get on Wednesday just in case they do have it in stock.

Edit: Wow I thought I had posted here at least once before -_-

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks so much for this. I am flying out next Friday and wanted one before I left. Flying Rock place were able to deliver one for next Wednesday. I didn't want to test my luck on Duty Free but I won't open the one I get on Wednesday just in case they do have it in stock.

Edit: Wow I thought I had posted here at least once before -_-

I'd call and confirm that your order has been put through properly. I ordered one for my other half at 07:50 this morning, and then at 10:37 today I got an email saying there wasn't any stock for the order and that it was cancelled. This was after I called just after 9am to ensure that it had all been accepted ok and that stock was definitely available. They don't seem to know what's going on at the moment.

Soldato
I sold my old Ipad 1 and bought the Ipad2. I finally got tired of waiting for JB to come out, so I give the Ipad2 to my dad and bought another Ipad one lol

luckily Vodafone cz gave it to my a good deal on at 160 quid :D

Back
Top Bottom