Who's turned their heating on?

Associate
My place was down to 17 this morning but the ambient temperature outside means just putting a jumper on is enough at the moment. It soon got up to 19 inside though and it was back to t-shirt then :)

Soldato
probably should have today but we just had a boiler done and waiting for him to come back with a fandango thermostat so not yet

however with 4 women in the house mrs, 12 year old and 1.5 year old twins, i will make sure its comfortable for them all

Soldato
Not yet, we're in a 3rd floor flat so good insulation from the from the ground.

Plus the GF insists on a winter quilt in summer so I'm enjoying not being boiling hot at the moment!

Soldato
I feel the cold super bad, so I have a winter duvet on throughout the year :D @Acme could provide a testament to this!

Hoodie on and watching TV in bed! It's freezing!
Sounds like the complete opposite to me. I sleep with a summer duvet on all year around and have the heating off and window open in my bedroom all winter

Commissario
Why do people turn their heating off? Surely the whole point of it being thermostatically controlled is that it comes on when it's needed.

Mine has kicked in a couple of times in the last week or so, most recently was this morning.

Don
Why do people turn their heating off? Surely the whole point of it being thermostatically controlled is that it comes on when it's needed.

Mine has kicked in a couple of times in the last week or so, most recently was this morning.
When there's still some heat left in the day I prefer just to leave the flat to heat up itself without using heating, it'll go on to 18degC when it's struggling to do that by evening.

Soldato
I don't understand people who use the heating, unless you are old/frail/medical condition or you can see your breath in the air, just put on a damn hoodie/socks/thick pants/blanket.

I walk around with a t-shirt and shorts barefoot even if its cold, its not going to hurt you....If i can start to feel the cold in my feet i'll put on long pants and cross my legs when sitting which uses my own body to warm me. I absolutely HATE socks, horrible feeling.
I've rather be slightly cold than spend money on heating.

Maybe i'm just a tight sod?

Last edited:
Soldato
I've closed one of the windows in the bedroom already but I'm still sat indoors in shorts and t-shirt so it can't be that cold yet. The missus on the other hand has been wanting the heating on for the last two weeks!

Soldato
Our heating comes on automatically if the temp drops below 17c, so I think it has come on a couple of times for a few minutes.

I was hoping for a bit of sun before winter, but it looks like that day or so we got was it :(.

Back
Top Bottom