WHS 2011 Remote Access with Homehub 3

Soldato
Hi all,

I've got a Microserver and it's serving me well.

I've decided I want to try and set up Remote Access, so that I can access some files while I'm away from home.

I've got BT Internet and a Homehub 3, and so far from all my research it cannot be done!
But that cannot be true there is always a way somewhere.

I have signed up to Dyndns, and set it up on my Homehub as my Dynamic DNS.
On WHS 2011 I use the wizard but it wants me to sign up to GoDaddy stuff!

Does anybody have a solution?

Thanks

Deep

Associate
really? link to tell me more?

To set up your router for memote access using UPnP:-

Dashboard

Router

Set up

Forwards ports 80 and 433 to point at the server. If UPuP fails forward ports manually

To set up your WHS domain (joebloggs.homeserver.com):-

Dashboard

Server settings

Remote web access

Domain Name

Set up

Apply

To turn Remote Web Access on:-

Dashboard

Server settings

Turn on

WHS will test remote activity and it should come up "Available" if it dosen't click on repair. The built-in test for remote access does not require router to have loopback capability. If your router does support loopback you can also check remote access is available with out using WHS built-in feature by browsing to your domain (WHS web site) and entering a password when prompted. Another good way is to test remote access is working is to use web connection from a mobile phone web browser.

Soldato
Deep I would like to know how you got on with this as there is a massive 31 page thread on BTs website about the H3 and it's broken port forward/loopback system.

Soldato
Most ISPs don't support loopback. Nothing is broken, read what I said in my previous post.:D

BT do support it and it's the HH3 which is bugged. It's been recognised by BT but they have yet to fix it. Like I said there is a massive thread on it on their forums.

I couldn't see a option for creating a free WHS domain when I used it last week but will check again when I get my server back.

Reading deeps first post I'm actually going to go ahead and say there isn't a free option. I was also getting a option to sign up with godaddy.

Associate
You don't need to pay for a Godaddy cert, homeserver.com is all you need. The HH3 works perfectly with WHS 2011, you need to set port forwarding manually if Upnp does not work. Port forwarding with HH3 is simple you need to forward http, https and windows remote connection all of which are accessed on the drop down menu.

Back
Top Bottom