WHS streaming to PS3

Caporegime
Hey,

After installing WHS I have have decided to have a go at streaming my HD content to PS3

Its working well,but I have one slight niggle.

How do I get Thumbnails of the movies to display on PS3?

Why when I browse in PS3 I can only find the movies in the genre folder of the PS3 when they are all directly in the video folder of WHS?

Cheers

Easyrider

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Are you using any transcoding software? I have no experience of WHS (Windows Home Server?) but on my OSX machine I have PS3 Media Server which runs perfect. Takes a bit of setting up (though will work out of the box fine) and allows thumbnails etc. everything. I'm using my old dual core mac mini and it transcode 1080P MKVs on the fly perfectly - performs better over a gigabit network than it did over 100Mbps for reference.

Caporegime
OP
Are you using any transcoding software? I have no experience of WHS (Windows Home Server?) but on my OSX machine I have PS3 Media Server which runs perfect. Takes a bit of setting up (though will work out of the box fine) and allows thumbnails etc. everything. I'm using my old dual core mac mini and it transcode 1080P MKVs on the fly perfectly - performs better over a gigabit network than it did over 100Mbps for reference.

No I have been using MKV2VOB and it works well.

I'm just not sure why when the videos are in the video folder on the server they appear in the genre folder on the ps3...:confused:

When I browse to the video folder on the ps3 there is nothing there.:confused:

PS3 Media Server looks like its worth a look...Just found there is an add in PS3 Media Server for WHS.:) cheers

Back
Top Bottom