Why aren't there MOWO (Music of White Origin) awards?

Permabanned
Because no one likes country and western.

But C&W is heavily influenced by Blues which is...*drumroll*....music of black origin :)

I think the MOBO awards are great though, they serve as a good barometer of music that I thoroughly dislike so I know to avoid :)

Personally though, I think we need a Music Of Foreign Origin award (that spells "MOFO" btw for the general GD populace of clueless 18 yr old kids who post threads like "Spec Me An Acne Cream" and "How Do I Use A Washing Machine?" ;)

Soldato
What about BBC 1Xtra radio station?

That music station is for black people? Where is the music station for white people?

I couldn't give a flying **** if you're white, hispanic, black or a fluffy blue, it's when a black (or white, hispanic or fluffy blue) person uses there colour as an excuse that they are treated differently, or use it to there advantage.

Racism doesn't exist to a level it did years ago, therefore it does not need the division people purposely give it.

daz

daz

Soldato
The awards aren't about black people, it's about music of black origin. The clue is in the title.

It's just a name....

You're all getting incredibly politically correct about it.

Soldato
Role models? Black music? O...kay....:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/archive/2635959.stm (old link I appreciate, but you get my point).

Furthermore, the fact they need different role models - based on colour - I find intrinsically racist and offensive. I do NOT choose my role models based on creed, colour or religion.

Thats because you are not in a minority. If you are part of a minority group that are consistantly poor performers, the sight of people in your group doing well can be an inspiration and show them that it is possible to be successful and hence are role models for them.

Soldato
EG: Drum and bass is split down the middle, many of the producers are white while many of the MC's are black...

But it originated from a black background; look up James Brown's Funky Drummer to see how it all started.

I don't really care that there is no 'MOWO' awards though. I like good music; where it originated from doesn't come into it.

Most 'black' music is utter rubbish in my opinion. Bob Marley being an exception.

Well done! Have your 'most ill-informed comment in the thread' award.

Last edited:
Soldato
:D

Guessing they're some sort of window licking returnee from that post. Either that or an alt account.

Just of all the threads to revive. He could've at least picked a good one!

Or maybe I found the incessant whinging about something so trivial, that they can’t change, amusing.

Gotta love reading oppressors whinging.
Ciao.

You could've done that with a thread from the last few years though. One from over a decade ago! What on earth did you google to find this!?

Permabanned
So you signed up to say that, are you happier now you have defended the "oppressed" and saved the world?

TBH I would rather be back living in Oct 2008 (date of thread) then todays society.

Soldato
So you signed up to say that, are you happier now you have defended the "oppressed" and saved the world?

TBH I would rather be back living in Oct 2008 (date of thread) then todays society.

I can imagine him searching Google for forums with old threads that he can get irate about

*Googling furiously... "I'll tell 'em"*

Back
Top Bottom