Why can you sometimes take great photos with your phone

Soldato
And other times they appear blurry, poor colour and bad lighting. Seems the conditions are the same or similar, however I've taken great clear sharp photos with my phone and as I said other times they are pretty rubbish. Does it all depend on the lighting, or is it the focus, and does the lens need cleaned etc.

Man of Honour
Lighting makes a huge difference with phone camera sensors. But I've noticed the same thing - sometimes two shots of almost the same thing under very similar circumstances and one will come out sharp with punchy colours and the other despite everything has a "chalkiness" in places and some noise that I can't seem to get rid of.

Man of Honour
Sometimes less light is also better.

Ultimately down to your phone. not all phones can capture decent dynamic range or clarity in low light.

I have an S8+ and often find its low light performance is excellent in auto mode with the HDR mode turned on. Gets results you'd probably not guess were taken with a phone.

Associate
I have a Samsung galaxy S7 and the camera shots from it are great. The software , HER mode all help to give a great photo in low which my Canon 7D seems to struggle.
Where the phone fails is any photo with distance depth and any type of distance. Portraits, and objects up to 10-15 meters are very good and sometimes better than a dslr , if the light is good.
I can only see phoned getting better at photos .

Back
Top Bottom