• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Why do people chase 4K gaming?

Caporegime
OP
I think you might be stretching the meaning of technology :D

Dude, start reading a few books and watching some documentaries. The term technology is just not a reference to electronics you know.

Technology can be the knowledge of techniques, processes, and the like, or it can be embedded in machines to allow for operation without detailed knowledge of their workings. The simplest form of technology is the development and use of basic tools.

Permabanned
Dude, start reading a few books and watching some documentaries. The term technology is just not a reference to electronics you know.

Technology can be the knowledge of techniques, processes, and the like, or it can be embedded in machines to allow for operation without detailed knowledge of their workings. The simplest form of technology is the development and use of basic tools.

It is not a technology. It was first discovered by luck and it is more like recipe for food or something. No technology whatsoever.

Caporegime
OP
It is not a technology. It was first discovered by luck and it is more like recipe for food or something. No technology whatsoever.

Pioneered synthetic penicillin...I mean what don't you get?

1. History of Technology
    • Stone Age - The development of simple tools from wood or shards of rock and the discovery of fire, which provided a way to cook food and create heat and light, were technological developments which allowed people to accomplish tasks more easily and quickly.
    • Bronze Age - The evolving ability of man to work with metal gave the ability to form stronger tools, and the introduction of the wheel allowed people greater ability to travel and communicate.
    • Iron Age - The ability to work with harder metals than copper and tin, to smelt iron, and to be able to remove iron from ore allowed for rapid increases in weapons making, brought the development of tools that benefit civilization and gave greater ability to perform tasks, such as manufacturing and transportation.
    • Computers and the Internet - The ability to perform basic thinking processes much faster enables business, science and commerce to proceed much more efficiently.
    1. An example of technology is the Internet which has made up-to-date information available to anyone with access in a matter of moments and provides real time information about events around the world.
    2. An example of technology was during the Stone Age when the first knife or shovel was made from a piece of stone or obsidian.
    3. An example of technology is the products that were invented during the space program, which have allowed engineers and other scientists to use variations of these products and materials in manufacturing.
    4. An example of technology is ultra sound, MRI, CAT scans and other forms of nuclear imaging, which allow doctors to see inside the human body using a blending of medical technology, nuclear technology and computer technology.

Man of Honour

Does not matter if something is discovered by luck, it can still be technology.

For the record there is a huge amount of technology in food.

I used to sometimes work with a group of food scientists, they were very clever people who spent all day developing new technology, equipment and procedures.

Associate

I used to sometimes work with a group of food scientists, they were very clever people who spent all day developing new technology, equipment and procedures.

If i recall Maggie thatcher was a food techie and was part of the team who invented either 'Soft scoop' or whippy ice cream.

Just thought id weigh in on that one :p

Caporegime
OP

The caveman rubbing sticks together...to make fire, the ape smashing nuts with a rock...the Stone Age smashing of flints to make axes...that led to the technology to melt metal to cast iron axes instead.

All technologies. Some people are just uneducated.:p

Associate
Man had to read back to see how this post got so derailed.

I am a ultrawide gamer and really want the perfect 5k ultra wide to come out :).

Soldato
I'll only do UHD now and only on a screen with 1000m2 and at least a hundreds of zones backlight. All the new games have HDR10 and look stunning. The only smaller monitor with a lower native resolution that may end up having comparable contrast to my tv is the Predator x35 but it's basically a mythical creature. I watch UHD blurays and play X1X and Ps4 Pro and use UHD tv channels and apps on my tv and it sits on my desk for all types of gaming. I've never struggled in an FPS.

UHD - Multimedia powerhouse, great for massive 8ft desk with recliner and full sized separates surround system. Wealth of inputs if you choose a TV which you currently have to if you want decent HDR.

Ultrawide - Perfect for confined spaces, places where you aren't allowed proper loud hifi or for café type setup where you want to be competitive with the top 1%. Maybe you like RGB or lights on your stands or projected on your wall.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Without reading all the rest of the threads, I personally think that the first UW monitors were justy too small. They just looked small becuase they were so thing ~ lacking in height. So I think a large number of gamers decided UW was not for them. Things have changed now. I believe a 34" UW monitor is just perfect for the PC, for work and for gaming. But unfortunately many gamers were just put off by the original UW monitors and it will take time to get them back.

As to why some want 4k I really don't know. I think the perfect density of pixels is on the 27" and 34" 1440P monitors and anything above that is really a bad idea for gaming, but that's just me I suppose.

I have lots of different size monitors but the 34" UW is my favourite by far.

Back
Top Bottom