Why do some avoid the doctors?

Caporegime
It seems like my doctor is on holiday every other week, I never actually get to see my registered GP because he only works 2 days a week or something ridiculous.

Associate
I'm not actually sure of the name of my current GP since so many at the local practice have come and gone since my last visit. It's not me refusing to go though, purely that I haven't needed to. The last time I went was when I had tonsillitis about 7 years ago.

It's the opticians that I don't bother with. Only ever had an eye test once which was about 20 years ago, and that was only because I was too young to say no to my parents

Man of Honour
It can't be healthy at a doctors surgery, it's full of sick people...

I can't speak for other people but fortunately up to relatively recently I've always been pretty healthy so have had no real need to go to a doctor, in fact I wasn't even registered with one for about 10 years, figuring that I'd leave it to other people who actually needed it. As it is now I've needed to go I have done and hopefully will receive the correct treatment - I'm not stubborn enough to refuse to go if I'm not getting better naturally.

jfp

jfp

Associate
lol, I hate going to the doctors, I find I am waiting ages and on the odd occasion have come out feeling like they did not give a **** and thought I was wasting their time. Also booking appointments and finding parking can be a nightmare!

Soldato
I don't know why you guys see doctors so negatively, but when I got diagnosed with IBD, my GP and doctors were very proactive about getting me back into shape and into remission! Even though I still have to go for regualr check-ups and progress in getting MRIs, tests, etc done can be slow, it gets done and I am very grateful for them.

jfp

jfp

Associate
you must have some lovely doctors. One that I saw thought I was faking it, and I lost all respect for that particular one at that point. For me its just the amount of time and effort it takes to see one

Associate
I'm not a fan of the doctors they treat the symptoms instead of the problem.

eg bad back = pain killers.

Well that just plain stupid.

That was just an example but i dont think the NHS have the expert knowledge to treat the problems.

There is big money now with the pharmaceuticals and some pills are v v cheap to make therefore profits are huge.

A lot of MPs are on boards of these companies and their interests are to keep people sick not healty. No money to be made with healthy people is there ????

Man of Honour
My local doctors surgery consists of possibly the most hopeless set of individuals ever to grace the medical profession.

Deleted member 61728

D

Deleted member 61728

I know many people who don't go to the doctors because all they do is give out empty sugar coated pills and send you on your merry way whilst silently praying in the background you don't come back and drinking coffee whilst playing minesweeper.

Soldato
A lot of MPs are on boards of these companies and their interests are to keep people sick not healty. No money to be made with healthy people is there ????
Really? Have you got any examples?

I've always been happy with my GPs. Been for three issues since I was a kid. One turned out to be nothing, the other two they were very helpful.

Caporegime
OP
Spoke to her again this morning, sounds terrible... Coughing, very weak voice she said she didn't feel to good. Went to get her nails done, can get her nails done but not visit the doctors :rolleyes:. Apparantly she had a coughing fit and felt unwell in the nail place and had to leave. A grown lady sounding like some frail 90year old pensioner!

It's been over a week now and she doesn't seem to be getting better at all

Soldato
I avoid going to the doctors as i do not wish to take up there time with something that "could" be trivial.

If i have a pain in my leg or something, i'll wait for a while to see if it goes, people with more serious conditions could be told to wait because i have a pulled muscle in my leg and i do not want that.

Associate
Spoke to her again this morning, sounds terrible... Coughing, very weak voice she said she didn't feel to good. Went to get her nails done, can get her nails done but not visit the doctors :rolleyes:. Apparantly she had a coughing fit and felt unwell in the nail place and had to leave. A grown lady sounding like some frail 90year old pensioner!

It's been over a week now and she doesn't seem to be getting better at all

I can't imagine having a bad cough and then inhaling all those nail varnish fumes. Hell.

Soldato
im going to the docs for a bad shoulder on wednesday, i pay tax/NI there for i will go to the docs if i need to. sorted.

Back
Top Bottom