• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Why does a 3090 cost over £2000 at retailers?

Associate
Couldn't find any thread with people talking about this, but how come retailers hiked the price with about a 1000 pounds since the original release?

I assume they do it, because they can, since with the shortage, they sell it even at this price. But I wonder if there are any laws or regulations over an official store, on how many percent they can sell over MSRP?

Are they also buying it for partners like ASUS, MSI and the rest for a THAT much more? Then it would make sense, otherwise it would feel like the retailers also became scalpers.

Cheers

Associate
Because that is the trade cost for these cards, currently I'm being quoted no less than around £1900 Inc VAT for a 3090 and that's through official distribution networks

Caporegime
Because some people somewhere fancy a new Ferrari or an upgrade to their yacht and are well aware that poorer people will help them pay for it by paying over the odds for something.

Soldato
Couldn't find any thread with people talking about this, but how come retailers hiked the price with about a 1000 pounds since the original release?

I assume they do it, because they can, since with the shortage, they sell it even at this price. But I wonder if there are any laws or regulations over an official store, on how many percent they can sell over MSRP?

Are they also buying it for partners like ASUS, MSI and the rest for a THAT much more? Then it would make sense, otherwise it would feel like the retailers also became scalpers.

Cheers

You do realise they went over £3000 at one stage and still some £3000+ models at some retailers. Welcome to the new norm.:(

OcUK Staff

Cheers

The cost on board partner cards is way beyond the MSRP, as such though resellers are enjoying healthier margins than usual the cost on say a board partner 3090 from distribution or direct from a board is vastly higher than an FE MRSP, typically around £1900 upwards cost price then add in reseller margins and hence why the cards are all £2000 plus.

Caporegime
The cost on board partner cards is way beyond the MSRP, as such though resellers are enjoying healthier margins than usual the cost on say a board partner 3090 from distribution or direct from a board is vastly higher than an FE MRSP, typically around £1900 upwards cost price then add in reseller margins and hence why the cards are all £2000 plus.

Any hints as to what the 3090Ti's might land at yet m8? I'm guessing it's going to be silly....

Caporegime
Because some people somewhere fancy a new Ferrari or an upgrade to their yacht and are well aware that poorer people will help them pay for it by paying over the odds for something.

The poor (us) are always there to be exploited, happened since time began and it will always be so.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Nah more than that easy, if the normal ones are hitting that already.

Was basing it on the 3090FE being £1399 (as everyone else uses this seemingly) and people were gurning at the AIB around the £1900 not so long back. Tbh I dont really look at the prices of these, normally check the 3060Ti's for the market sentiment price. Assuming the 3090Ti FE makes it to the one store.. £1749 might be its price?

Associate
I tried for ages to pick an FE up using 'partalert for the 3090' on twitter. It turns out I had been blocked due to cancelled 3090 order from a while back.

This meant I repeatedly acted on the alerts, so I got a good overview of the situation. That issue aside there were easily half a dozen opportunities to get a 3090 for £1399 over the last few months. FE is definitely a viable option, just sign up to a Twitter or Discord.

Of course they may not be declared EOL due to the 3090 Ti at some point, so I'd get your skates on if you do want one.

Soldato

Cheers

Answer should be obvious, There's a reason the wig wigs have expensive cars.

Back
Top Bottom