Why is Asus Rampage IV Formula asking for raid drivers?

Soldato
Seems strange, i get into windows 7 install and its asking for raid drivers:confused:

never seen that before and i rebuild rigs regular.

also when i point it at the raid drivers on a usb key, after the install the OS refuses to boot without the usb key. :confused:

"reboot and select proper boot device"

Soldato
OP
did you actually use a windows 7 usb boot device or just use the usb for drivers?

can you expand on what you did to fix it.......its been ****ing me off all afternoon

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
im expanding on this........its not after a specific usb drive, it just wants any usb drive:confused:

is there some bios setting causing this?

Soldato
Have you checked the boot device order? Could have USB set first and it wants to scan the USB device first before moving to option 2 being the hard drive?

Soldato
OP
yep checked that, and bizarly the usb drive when i stick it in to boot the damn thing magically appears at the top of the boot list.......im told this is a known issue with x79 and raid setups.

OcUK Staff
The key to this is on installation remove the USB drive after you have installed the driver. A work around is to image your OS install with AS media controller drivers installed on to any single disk. Move this single disk to the AS media controller and boot from it. Remove raid drivers on this single disk. Reboot. Reinstall them onto the single disk using a download or eh drivers disk, then image the install back to your raid array. Boot from it !!!!! Done!!! Not that simple but a work around. I used Acronis for this.

Back
Top Bottom