Why is this forum full of loonies?

Soldato
Every day I see threads and posts in GD by people who are either extremely left wing, extremely right wing or nut job conspiracy theorists. Whats going on? Are these people for real or are they just doing it for a reaction/trolling?! :confused:

Caporegime
Tens of thousands of people in one space; you are going to get a wide spectrum of opinions. Behind a computer/sofa that number jumps up significantly.

For every 10 stupid threads in GD there is always a gem on a thread/poster that makes up for it.........especially if it is related to the moon landing.

Man of Honour
Some of them are for real, some of them are trolling.

The vast majority of users here, like the vast majority of society, are decent people. You only find the ones that are extreme either way evangelising.

Soldato
Tens of thousands of people in one space; you are going to get a wide spectrum of opinions. Behind a computer/sofa that number jumps up significantly.
Exactly this. It's little surprise that those on the fringes of society are drawn to a place where they can express their borderline views with impunity.

Soldato
Would be very boring if everyone agreed....

I think it is very healthy that you get a political spectrum here, it is what is lacking in a lot of media.

Soldato
The Church of James Milner / The Hooisers gives me teachings to express my feelings unto the world.

What better way to do this than to post to people on the world wide interwebs.

Soldato
Taylor Swift, "You're tattoo is craplol", "Spec me air", "Please vote for my photogenic bunion", "Kids shouldn't have iPads", "I love Vulcan engine-noise", Haribo, "I am not a shop", pancake, "Please read the FAQ regarding sigs", IronWarrior's purchases, "no hotlinking", dying your grass, "Please read my CV", Arek.

If any of that is bad, then I don't want to be good.

Soldato
Some of them are for real, some of them are trolling.

The vast majority of users here, like the vast majority of society, are decent people. You only find the ones that are extreme either way evangelising.

So if a person trolls, it automatically means they are a bad person :confused:

(FYI - Not a troll)

Back
Top Bottom