WHy make fusion device at home?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I was going to make a linear particle accelerator at work out of some ducting, some scrap wire, an ion source and some serious voltage to get it going. The problem with this sort of stuff is you don't really know what's coming out the end of it. I only wanted to make some comedy videos frying stuff like cupcakes and chicken drumsticks, but I was warned off doing it because at best you might end up with some irreversible burns, at worse you might actually seriously injure yourself with unknown radiation wavelengths :p

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I'm guessing you're going to spew a nice bombardment of either electrons or neutrons depending on the source, so something will get fried, be it whatever you place in the tube or your hand over the end. I'm not clever enough to know what would come out the end or what might be emitted out the sides of my planned makeshift vacuum tube, (left hand rule? right hand rule?). They say a little knowledge is more dangerous than no knowledge, so I heeded the advice and didn't make it :p

Back
Top Bottom