Wich farcry to get for x64 for 64 bit content?

Soldato
I've just reinstalled farcry, patched to 1.4 official, and would like to know if it is possible for me to use the 64 bit content, I'm on vista x64 with an intel, but the patch says it's for amd, so I'm unsure wether this will all work, if it will, wich patches do i need to grab, there are 2 on filefront.

Soldato
1.4 wont work with X64

Just install retail Farcry. Patch with farcry_amd64upgrade_us_uk_fp

Then install farcry_amd64_ecu both available from AMD

Then start the exe from Bin 64

Soldato
OP
Just noticed, lol my mouse is dead ingame, in the menu it works fine but ingame my mouse wont work lmao.

Ok let me try all that :p .

Will the amd64 expentions of the game work with em64T though?
Oh and do i have to reinstall farcry again, or can I try these 64 bit patches on the 1.4 ?

Last edited:
Soldato
if you still have problems with the installer saying its for AMD only - create 2 directories on your hard drive called something like FC1 and FC2 then run each installer with the "/a" parameter , this will make the installer extract the files to a directory you specify so point it to the directories you made earlier.

You might then have to just copy the extracted content over your far car install , sorry can't be more specific but don't have a x64cpu/os but this is how you get the extra installed on a 32 bit set up

Soldato
OP
I don't really 'need' the exclusive content, I just want to make it work for now as my mouse is dead ingame in vista x64, anyhow I'm downloading both the exclusive content 400 ish mb patch and the normall 64 bit also 400 ish mb patch.

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
Coolasmoo said:
Just install retail Farcry. Patch with farcry_amd64upgrade_us_uk_fp

Then install farcry_amd64_ecu both available from AMD

Then start the exe from Bin 64

Did this last night & all working perfectly. No problems with the mouse. Vista x64 & E6300

Soldato
OP
Kipper67 said:

COOOL it works, thanks.

@ Coolasmoo
What doesn't work on 1.4 then in x64, now that my mouse works it seems to play ok ?
I mean I'm downloading em but can't wait for an hour, would like to play now.

Soldato
there isn't anything that doesn't "work" on a 64 bit cpu and os - they will run the 32 bit game just fine just the 64bit version of the executable is better tuned for your 64 bit combo to give better performance and quality (according to the PR machne anyway).

The extra content is basically better textures and greater draw diatances and other stuff like that which supposedly was too much for a 32bit system to run smoothly at the time although its a bit different now as even 32 bit machines and os etc have enough oomph to use the extra content .

Soldato
OP
Huh, just played till the carrier, and I've just seen wild boars and blood I've never seem before, was this added in the 1.4 patch ?
Enjoying the good game anyhow :) .

chaparral said:
My thread on farcry 64bit with vista 64bit here http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17746623

I never could get this working right myself :(

Hmm so best for me is to avoid the 64 bit patch?

Anyone else here had problems or something or have experience with it on vista x64?

Soldato
OP
Hmm never got so far in facry as I am now, superb game, I'm @ the bunker now.
1st time I didnt go further as the fort, and 2nd time my savegames gone fubar (pc would reboot on loading save), now finally got a chance to finish the game, 3 years late lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom