Wife wants some new headphones... Airpods are how much??!!

Soldato
Morning all,

The wife is after some new headphones which will be mainly used for running.

Currently uses the bundled wired headphones with her iPhone but is annoying her.

She is an apple advocate and would like some airpods however I can't help but feel that you could get better for the money?

Is there any reccomendations for alternatives please?

Say around £50 and £100 budget... Or is it best to just go with the airpods??

Soldato
They are expensive for sure, but if she's an iSlave then anything else will be a compromise imho.

My misses lost her right pod the first day she took them out :rolleyes: She now has the Pro version but has been WFH since :p

I have a set of Tao Troniks Soundbud Slim or something, they have a wire between them so I can take them out without worrying where to put them. £25 on Amazon! :p

Soldato
OP
They are expensive for sure, but if she's an iSlave then anything else will be a compromise imho.

My misses lost her right pod the first day she took them out :rolleyes: She now has the Pro version but has been WFH since :p

I have a set of Tao Troniks Soundbud Slim or something, they have a wire between them so I can take them out without worrying where to put them. £25 on Amazon! :p

Yeah that's the thing everything will be a compromise!

Is there any benefit if getting the pro over the normal other than a bigger credit card bill to pay in January?!

Soldato
They could be the best earplugs in the world, but if they don't have an apple logo - then I'm pretty sure she won't appreciate them.

Bit the bullet and pay the apple tax.

Associate
TBF I got a set of airpods (won them so free) and they are tremendous. I didn't realise just how much better they were than normal headphones and that's paired up to an android device. So they are expensive but they are also very good.

Soldato
OP
TBF I got a set of airpods (won them so free) and they are tremendous. I didn't realise just how much better they were than normal headphones and that's paired up to an android device. So they are expensive but they are also very good.

Is that the normal or the pro?

For the sake of it sounds like it's worth getting...

Soldato
I think the Pros are certainly a step up. There's a large thread in the Apple section which might be more beneficial.

I suppose the issue is that at this budget you're looking at the 1st generation versions and i'm not sure how much they've improved to the current version.

I agree they're worth getting though if that's what she wants, i've had multiple pairs of the various cheaper versions off Amazon and the microphone element of them all has been rubbish, whereas Apple seem a lot better at cutting out wind/background noise. So for a little less sound quality (which probably won't bother her), she'll be getting something a lot more usable :)

Man of Honour
The sound quality is decent but not great on the AirPods Pro, but the integration and features for an Apple fanatic cannot be replicated with any other earphones.

Caporegime
QCY T5's - £15 from AliExpress and no different to airpods.

In terms of sound quality apple don't make spectacular products but they don't need to they have a brand name that people will buy regardless.

Associate
The Apple bashing is everywhere it seems....

You made the right choice OP-she will love the integration she’ll get with her iPhone.

Soldato
Never had an issue with airpods pro with my running.

The noise cancellation is fantastic when you can run on pavements and not need to worry about hearing anything else. The transparency mode is great when you need to hear traffic etc.

Soldato
Never had an issue with airpods pro with my running.

The noise cancellation is fantastic when you can run on pavements and not need to worry about hearing anything else. The transparency mode is great when you need to hear traffic etc.

The transparency mode is so good that if I switch to it and I finish listening to something I can forget that I have them in (and suddenly think my hearing is even better than it is normally! :p)

Back
Top Bottom