Wifes new car..pic !

Associate
OP
jamoor said:
£700 is enough to go on a holiday with.

Hang on - it may be late and my brain is fried but according to you it's £20 a month difference right ? So over 3 years thats £720, in your original figures you give £300 difference so bang goes another £420...

£280 will get you a wet weekend in butlins - think I'll still go for the new car ;)

Soldato
Sneaky Peaky said:
Hang on - it may be late and my brain is fried but according to you it's £20 a month difference right ? So over 3 years thats £720, in your original figures you give £300 difference so bang goes another £420...

£280 will get you a wet weekend in butlins - think I'll still go for the new car ;)

check post #54 :p,

I know it's late :D

Soldato
Sneaky Peaky said:
Don't mess with my brain ;)

You said £1.5k over 3 years for the 107, £1.8k for the zetec - difference £300 whereas £20 a month is £720.. :confused:

OK I'm confused
the difference that I calculated between having the cars for 3 years according to post 54 is £700

Which works out at 19.44 a month over 3 years, so I rounded it to £20 a month.

Also I dont have a clue where your figures in this post are coming from.

Associate
OP
jamoor said:
OK I'm confused
the difference that I calculated between having the cars for 3 years according to post 54 is £700

Which works out at 19.44 a month over 3 years, so I rounded it to £20 a month.

Also I dont have a clue where your figures in this post are coming from.

Ok - brain engaged - I thought you were saying £20 a month difference for just the Insurance :o

Still would rather have the new car ;) :p

Time for bed I think !

Man of Honour
Sneaky Peaky said:
Still would rather have the new car ;) :p

And at the end of the day thats all that really matter. Plenty of us have made bad financial decisions for something we simply wanted.
poltergeist666 said:
Back to the pic in the original post ...

It does'nt matter what it looks like - it's French, and thats bad enough!
Don't be a hater. My car is French and I love it.

Man of Honour
Sneaky Peaky said:

Yea but not only do you 'save' the small amount he pointed out but you actually get a better car as well...

Vix

Vix

Associate
I was considering an Aygo or the Citroen/Pug version as a replacement for the Smart, I quite like them - but then I am a girl ;)

Got a Mk1 MR2 instead though :D

Soldato
Sneaky Peaky said:
Unfair you guys. If we all took that stance nobody would ever buy a new car.

Everyone has their own reasons for buying new instead of second hand and they are as much about personal values as well as financial sense..

The point being made is that if you are in the market for a cheap, reliable, practical, fun *new* car then they are up there in the running..

Fugly I agree but hey, could have been one of those Daihatsu Copens that someone suggested ;)

now im mad! :mad:

Permabanned
Guy in work bought a brand new Clio, hes over 50 and said "ive always wanted a brand new car" fair play! Id love a brand new car tbh. Something which hasnt been driven around town by anyone else! If the op wants to buy a brand new car then fine! Doesnt harm any of you, so no need to run his choice down.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Hideously ugly. You/she should have have got the Toyota instead. Yes, it's the same car, but SOOOOO much better looking........

Associate
I quite like the 107's! It's the whole cheeky-French looking car thing about them! :)

As mentioned, a lot of people simply prefer owning a brand-new car, be it the smell of them, the fact no-one else has previously owned it, the new-reg, the warranty etc The financial sense sort of takes a back-seat really, although I do find it slightly amusing when a brand-new car is suggested as being a right choice based on 'costs'.

I'd also have got the Aygo :p

Soldato
"There you go Andy, it's a 107 just like you wanted. What do you think"

"I dont liiiike it"
_40057857_littlebritain_bbc_300x220.jpg

Associate
Haha!
I found Scuzi's joke quite amusing:
Scuzi said:
I think it has downs syndrome.
!!! :) !!!

Fair play though, plenty of newly owned car threads get posted & flop down the charts with little responce, Sneaky Peaky's 107 has clearly been noticed on this forum, even ignoring the financial posts it's had a lot of hits.

Soldato
I would buy one for the missus if they were cheaper.
They are far to expensive for what they are.
Need to be 5k new and no more.

Soldato
Sneaky Peaky said:
It looks better from the back imo..

Peugeot-107-002.jpg

The stereo isn't bad either, plus they do a quite nice rear speakers upgrade ... :D :D

Toyota-Aygo-006.jpg

Toyota-Aygo-007.jpg

umm, the 2nd one is the aygo (i know they are virtually the same car as well at the citroen C1) but i just hate small cars.

Back
Top Bottom