Wifes new car..pic !

Associate
ignore the nasty comments :0

my gf picked one of these up yesterday (weird huh) and she loves it, and i have to admit.. i think i do to. we're just about to be ex-students and so can't afford flashy cars, and could do with the only £40 a year tax and lowest insurance bracket. She bought it before I had a chance to see it/sit in it.. we're both just over 6ft and it's got loads of room. She has the five door version and there is even plenty room in the back for people to sit of the same size as us (although it's only a four seater, a feature which for some reason i quite like).

the boot is pants, as is to be expected. but it's going to be used for shuffling my gf to and from work around manchester, and for that i think it's perfect.

and tbh in person it's not ugly in person. it's not super-cool. it's french (downside, but that's merely me being french-ist). I love how you all insult it because it's not as cool as "your car" or the one you want etc... but mondeo's are equally as pants looking. and damn, i hate all those stupid curvy japenese style cars. and i hate the look of nearly every toyota i've ever seen.

so yeah, please.. keep the nasty commends to the minimum. don't need thirty people chiming in about how horrible it is etc... if the OP could have afforded a 100 grand sports car I imagine he would have got one.

tis a fantastic car for the price imho.

Man of Honour
pinkegobox said:
we're just about to be ex-students and so can't afford flashy cars, and could do with the only £40 a year tax and lowest insurance bracket.

Let me get this straight.

You are an ex student - fair enough.

You find the ability to pay £40 road tax a year instead of £110 a year useful. Hmmm, stretching things here but, fair enough.

You want the lowest insurance bracket - err getting silly now, the difference between 1 and, say, 4 is very little.

But you've got £7,500 to spend on a BRAND NEW car? Sorry, but WHAT?

Either you are skint and hard up, and thus the student thing and the cheap tax is fair enough, or you are not, and can thus afford a £7,500 car brand new.

Soldato
pinkegobox said:
we're just about to be ex-students and so can't afford flashy cars, and could do with the only £40 a year tax and lowest insurance bracket. around manchester, and for that i think it's perfect.

and how much did it cost in the first place?

Mic

Mic

Soldato
pinkegobox said:
i
it's french (downside, but that's merely me being french-ist).and damn, i hate all those stupid curvy japenese style cars.
I think its Japanese with a French logo.
They all are.

Associate
OP
It looks better from the back imo..

Peugeot-107-002.jpg

The stereo isn't bad either, plus they do a quite nice rear speakers upgrade ... :D :D

Toyota-Aygo-006.jpg

Toyota-Aygo-007.jpg

Soldato
pinkegobox said:
ignore the nasty comments :0

my gf picked one of these up yesterday (weird huh) and she loves it, and i have to admit.. i think i do to. we're just about to be ex-students and so can't afford flashy cars, and could do with the only £40 a year tax and lowest insurance bracket. She bought it before I had a chance to see it/sit in it.. we're both just over 6ft and it's got loads of room. She has the five door version and there is even plenty room in the back for people to sit of the same size as us (although it's only a four seater, a feature which for some reason i quite like).

tis a fantastic car for the price imho.

You spend £7,500 on a car, and worry about slightly lower tax and insurance? I'm assuming you didn't do a maths related degree...

You are going to lose a stonking amount of cash on depreciation on these things. I'd go as far as saying you could have bought a 'flashy' prestige saloon for this money and run it for cheaper over the course of a year. You would have had not only more legroom, but a decent sized boot too.

Caporegime
i thought it was actually made in eastern europe but under japanese methodolgy?

so its russian block or something, not french, or jap :p

as for my opinion on it, i prefer the toyota version in looks :D

Mic

Mic

Soldato
Sneaky Peaky said:
It looks better from the back imo..

Peugeot-107-002.jpg

The stereo isn't bad either, plus they do a quite nice rear speakers upgrade ... :D :D

Toyota-Aygo-006.jpg

Toyota-Aygo-007.jpg
Thats quite nifty.

Uglier than a close up of a ****...but nifty.

Associate
well, she didn't pay 7,500 brand new. and of course it was on finance. wanted something a bit more reliable than a used car which is a bit of a lottery if you know _nothing_ about cars and have no family members/friends with any knowledge on cars either.

the first time i've ever had something i've posted ripped apart quite like that though, kinda fun.

and no, the tax thing is just a nice bonus. and she got it on a great finance deal, in fact i think she got a great deal... but that all depends on when you buy ... like end of the month and what they have in etc....

i wanted a second hand focus, but after seeing this i quite fancy getting one as it means i can get a much newer car, which as i pointed out before, is more peace of mind about problems etc. perhaps i'm just not trusting. and yeah, i understand buying new cars can also be a bit of a lottery. i just wanted to point out i think it's a great car for the price. of course, everyone else is likely to disagree.

Suspended
Personally the great gaping front 'grin' doesn't float my boat and well basic I think its ugly. A lot of the new Pugs have a big 'hit that smug git' grin on them and when as it may appeal to some I don't liek it and it appears that its not gone down well with the majority of posters in this thread.

They have taste.

Can't vouche for what its like inside or anything. Just been blinded by it from its skin.

Man of Honour
pinkegobox said:
of course, everyone else is likely to disagree.
I certainly do. Buying privately with no knowledge is a bit of a lottery, and even then it doesn't take much to get an AA man to look over the car for you (I'd get this done anyway). Buying 2nd hand from a garage is not a lottery. And you can buy warranties with cars from garages if you do want peace of mind (and they'll typically offer some warranty anyway).

Buying a 7.5k car for 'peace of mind' when money is tight is pure madness.

Back
Top Bottom