Associate
I was wondering if you'd be able to help on this one, I'm trying to spec a wireless mesh for an office project. The mesh will be streaming HD video from multiple locations back to a central location. I was thinking of going for a high end gaming router with multiple access points all bridging back, although i don't know if this is the best solution.

Requirements.
1Gbps speed.
A total of 6 locations all within 20 meters apart ( no wires connecting each location )
Each location will have multiple devices connected, communicating back to the main station access point.

I have a few thousand budget to make this work, would you have any suggestions?

Thanks for reading.

Soldato
No chance of pushing Gb over a mesh system. You would need to cable connect the locations to stand a chance, your budget should accommodate that though. If it's something business critical then it's worth doing properly.

Soldato
Can you expand on the requirements more? Is a budget of a "few thousand" £3k or £10k or something else?

Are you controlling the client device specifications? If not, you need to consider the impact of AP & client "compatibility" and how clients (eg 1x1) may limit other clients.

Personally, I wouldn't consider anything branded "gaming" (eg Asus) as business grade.

Associate
OP
Thanks Azra, those PCE cards look like a good option.

The budget could extend to approximately 5k, as two maybe three instances of this would need to be purchased.
Yes I would be in control of the client device specifications. At any single point of time the maximum bandwidth would be consumed by approximately eight 4K video streams feeding back to the client. I do have transcoding resources available on the client machine, however i would prefer to get the full video fps and resolution.

The reason why wireless is essential is this will be an adhoc environment, it will be for temporary pop up stalls, that requires constant assembly and disassembly after every demo.

Thanks for your quick reply's. Much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom