• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will a 5770 work with my mobo?

Associate
I have the crappest PSU and the same GPU so the simple answer is yes :) I assume you do only a little bit of gaming then cause whilst mine is perfectly OK even at 1920*1080 im not sure I would invest in right now. Probably much better options at the lower end even for little extra outlay.

Saying that if you aren't into this whole benchamrk nonsense then whilst it's a low wned card you will stil be be able to play most games at pretty high resolution with high details levels. Mine has done me proud over the years and given I don't really care about the high end stuff that much I'm only upgrading due to having a modest amount of funds available and being content that whilst what I may buy may not be top end will do me fine for the next 18-24 months. Don't be talked into buying something that is over budget when you don't need it!

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for the replys guys, I really appreciate it.

I was purchasing the card from the MM for my PC.

The specs are:

E6750 2.66GHz Dual Core
4GB DDR2 Ram
(Purchasing a corsair 430W to)

I'd be playing on a 19" monitor so 1440X900.

I'd only be using the card for TF2.

Do you think with that card I could run TF2 at max settings on my PC for a smooth experience?

Does the card out perform a 4850?

Many thanks

Soldato
a 5770 will easily max TF2 out at those resolutions, for such a budget card, it really is a powerhouse, heck, it maxed most of my games out at 1920x1080 ;)

Back
Top Bottom