• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will any 5k/6k/7k series or 5/6 series run RB6S medium to high?

Soldato
I didn't end up buying an xb1 as I didn't see a used bundle I liked, so I purchased a palit GTS 450 to replace the crappy 250 and now I purchased RB6S off CdKeys last night as it was £15(standard edition)and been playing all day, obviously for stock I am playing on the low preset which is fine as I get 20-30fps and smooth enough, but I feel now I will upgrade to a better card having a more worthy game.

I nearly got a 7770 2gb yesterday but turned out to be a 7750 :rolleyes:, so that's no good and the cards are coming up short on my searches.

So I ask you, would any of the cards in the series I suggested play this game on higher settings? Going by the in game thing I need over 1gb for medium and over 2gb for high, but I have no clue how to tweak for the best performance.

Soldato
I didn't end up buying an xb1 as I didn't see a used bundle I liked, so I purchased a palit GTS 450 to replace the crappy 250 and now I purchased RB6S off CdKeys last night as it was £15(standard edition)and been playing all day, obviously for stock I am playing on the low preset which is fine as I get 20-30fps and smooth enough, but I feel now I will upgrade to a better card having a more worthy game.

I nearly got a 7770 2gb yesterday but turned out to be a 7750 :rolleyes:, so that's no good and the cards are coming up short on my searches.

So I ask you, would any of the cards in the series I suggested play this game on higher settings? Going by the in game thing I need over 1gb for medium and over 2gb for high, but I have no clue how to tweak for the best performance.

What is your budget? Have you read any sites that have benched the game such as this one? For 1080p, max settings 60 fps you need a gtx960/hd380.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for replies.

I have tried to look up via a Google search but nothing and not looked at any benchmarks and I suppose given I've seen a 370 2gb and a 3gb 280 for £75-85 I suppose that be my budget but that's only for those 2 cards, the series I've specified in the title can be had up to £50 which is more appropriate.

Oh I didn't mention, but as broken as No Mans Sky is, I do own that so to get medium on that over 20fps be nice as I'm running 11-19fps which is fine, I've built the ship and on my next planet so it's playable, can be improved however.

Soldato
OP

Didn't specify reply to this.

It would be out my budget as nice as it is simply because I will be buying an Xbox 1 as its it's easier for overwatch/BO3/forza/Halo and whatever than trying to cater it with my computer.

I would however consider the 460 at the end of the month or after if I was to spend £100 as it be worthy of the purchase than buying old for same price.

Soldato
OP
Bah I wish I had £130, someone in Leicester I think on gum is selling 2 msi 4gb 970s for 130 each or £240 a pair :eek::(. Would solve everything and wouldn't need to buy another card for awhile. Bah.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for reply.

Question I must ask, these 670/680 or the higher tier radeons from my suggested series are all pretty long cards are they not? I was really after a 660ti, but then I saw how long they are, they like the length of my case, hell a 6990 or 6970 is massive which wouldn't be ideal with my cabling(does need a tidy).

I need something twin/single fan 270x/GTS 450/750/650 size as the first 2 cards are what I have and own with this case and are a perfect fit.

Back
Top Bottom