Will it intergrate with Windows Server 2003: QNap Turbo Station TS-209

Soldato
We are looking at increasing our storage on our server and I have come across the QNap Turbo Station TS-209 which seems like a very cost effective way of increasing capacity.

We are running windows server 2003 will we have any issues with mapping network drives with the Qnap to our logon scripts?

Thanks

Soldato
OP
We want to map 2 drive letters to it via our logon script that we use.

Our mapped drive logon script works like this

net use s: "\\servername\sharedfoldername"

Would it work ok replacing the servername for the IP of the QNap in the script?

Can the Qnaps make a share which does not require a username and password? Because I think I will need that functionality due to the way our mapped drives work. Only usernames which require certain mapped drives run the logon script containing the mapped drive lines in the logon.bat.

I think maybe we would need it to work with active directory.. but can Qnap shares be assigned access to a group of users in the active directory?

Like this on windows server 2k3.. 'users' includes every user account access to the S Drive

2lmnymw.jpg

There is talk on the QNap forums of the lack of ACL support.. to be honest I'm not sure what that is or if it will cause problems with what we want to do.

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
We want to map 2 drive letters to it via our logon script that we use.

Our mapped drive logon script works like this

net use s: "\\servername\sharedfoldername"

Would it work ok replacing the servername for the IP of the QNap in the script?

Can the Qnaps make a share which does not require a username and password? Because I think I will need that functionality due to the way our mapped drives work. Only usernames which require certain mapped drives run the logon script containing the mapped drive lines in the logon.bat.

I think maybe we would need it to work with active directory.. but can Qnap shares be assigned access to a group of users in the active directory?

Like this on windows server 2k3.. 'users' includes every user account access to the S Drive

2lmnymw.jpg

There is talk on the QNap forums of the lack of ACL support.. to be honest I'm not sure what that is or if it will cause problems with what we want to do.

Thanks

Maybe worth a look here:

http://www.qnap.com/images/products/comparison/Comparison_TS209II.html

ACL is access control list, which is used to grant/restrict access to something.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom