• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will my 4560 CPU bottleneck my new 1070?

Soldato
Hey guys,

as the title suggests.. will this CPU be OK for this, or should I really upgrade to the 6600 I am meant to be receiving or just return and stick with the 4560?

cheers!

Soldato
Depends quite a lot on resolution your running anyway.

"Bottleneck" is... a pretty silly term (imo). It vastly oversimplifies the matter.

If you have your graphics set low on a high end card, yes, the CPU will be the limiter.
If you have your graphics set high on a low end card, yes, the GPU will be the limiter.

Soldato
OP
Depends quite a lot on resolution your running anyway.

"Bottleneck" is... a pretty silly term (imo). It vastly oversimplifies the matter.

If you have your graphics set low on a high end card, yes, the CPU will be the limiter.
If you have your graphics set high on a low end card, yes, the GPU will be the limiter.

Im running at 1080p, and I have my settings medium / high..so assuming that my CPU will be the main factor here...

Soldato
OP
Hey guys,

just setup my new 1070, still checking it out to make sure all is well, but so far im happy..but..

when playing CS GO, my FPS isnt any better than on my 1050? is this because the CPU? Im hoping my replacement 7500 will arrive tomorrow..

Cheers guys.

Soldato
OP
Csgo is definitely CPU limited in most cases, so not the best title for testing.

What framerate are you getting?

Im getting average about 130-160 fps, on casual with around 20 people in game, trying to brush up some skills again before I start playing comps so i dont know, but usually a bit more on 5v5..

Soldato
OP
Hey guys,

New CPU installed, getting average 250-300 FPS in CS:GO, and high 100's for lows..

Gonna try some other games later to see how it is! Only issue is my crappy ADSL so will probably take me 2 weeks to DL a Steam game! :mad:

Soldato
OP
LOL! big difference guys!

Just played some CS..max GPU temp 53c, the fans didn't even kick in :eek:

Shows how much strain has been taken off the GPU with a better CPU...

Back
Top Bottom