• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will my graphics card overheat?

Soldato
lol that insane the thing won last long like that.

gfx cards last longer than one might think - I'll get a good 2 years out of them running 24/7 full load.

I remember my 8600gt was idle at 100C for 6 months solid... I only noticed the problem when the gpu started to throttle back under load with temps hitting 120C (and to explain the high temps were due to a broken fan)

Last edited:
Soldato
Just got my 4870 x2 tri-fan asus .

I am not sure if it will be ok with heat, my case is the antec 300 and its very close to the psu its like 3 slots away from it will it be ok for heat?

Let me know how you find the tri-fan dude. Thats the kind I am thinking of getting :D

Soldato
From trawling through the net the general consensus is 20-35C idle and 60C max load, sounds very promising. I saw one on ebay for £310+£10 delivery, but I kept thinking if I wanted it or not and the auction ended when I decided I did want it xD

Back
Top Bottom