Will my pc be okay for "next gen"?

Soldato
Imo pc gaming is a complete joke cost wise. The high end costs are stupid prices. I miss it , but will never got back to it. wolfenstein Enemy Territory I miss you old friend :(
Honestly I am feeling this way these days. I think a PS5 plus PC is still a really good combination though but it depends on the pricing of graphics cards.

To the OP, if it's an either or situation then I would say get a PS5 as at least you'll get their exclusives too.

Soldato
I do some of my day job work on my main desktop. It has already paid for itself a million times over
I personally have a lower spec gaming laptop (which I'll do my own admin on as well) and work laptop for my job. So my main gaming PC is at least 80% for gaming, 10% for Plex and 10% everything else. I get your point though.

Soldato
I personally have a lower spec gaming laptop (which I'll do my own admin on as well) and work laptop for my job. So my main gaming PC is at least 80% for gaming, 10% for Plex and 10% everything else. I get your point though.
Why not get a gaming laptop then for work and play?

Around 2 grand and you can get a beast or a machine that has exact same build finish and quality as a macbook pro.

Aka the razer blade 15 or 17.or the mag 15.

They look professional enough and that's what? A months salary dropped on something that will earn you a lot of money

Soldato
Why not get a gaming laptop then for work and play?

Around 2 grand and you can get a beast or a machine that has exact same build finish and quality as a macbook pro.

Aka the razer blade 15 or 17.or the mag 15.

They look professional enough and that's what? A months salary dropped on something that will earn you a lot of money
Well I mean I'm employed so they provided the work laptop for me (they also encrypted/protected so there's no BYOD).

Regarding one high spec laptop vs laptop and desktop. I have considered it but it actually seems more cost effective to just maintain the desktop especially when you consider 2nd hand parts.

Associate
I deleted what I wrote here. I'm sure you all must be fed up of me moaning by now so I'll shut up for a few months. :p

Hey, how dare you! im needing to hear this! It's nice to know im in the same boat as other folk. I've been playing quite a bit on pc these past few months, while i've enjoyed it, i've found myself diving into the settings more, tweaking here and there. But his was one of the reasons why i stopped pc gaming.

Associate
having gone through endless spec's of what I considered would get me through the initial wave of next gen games etc, I have decided to just wait it out and see.

Going to faff about and spend some money on fancying up my case and desk set up first while I see what bargains come after the new wave of cards. Lockdown has shown me that I actually don't spend as much time gaming as I thought I did, and throwing over a grand at upgrading my gpu/cpu (at least) just doesn't seem worth it. Given hwo much time I spend on my computer(s) that isn't game related, I figured it was time to give the environment I spend the time in some love!

I think I'll prob stick with the xbox offering, as we have two of them in the house that the kids use (one is in the living room that I'm occaisonally allowed on for a few minutes at a time) and then upgrade to gamepass ultimate so I can play some of the newer games (even if they're on lower settings) on my PC. I'll just upgrade my 1660 super to something currently decent when people start offloading them when they upgrade if the price is right.

Back
Top Bottom