will pictures look better on an iPad air 10.5 than an iPad 2019 10.2?

Associate
Hi, my girlfriend has wanted an iPad for ages, we finally decided on the iPad 2019 10.2 128gb. We went with that in the end as we thought the storage was the same as her phone which is an iPhone XR. As soon as all her picture transfers across she was a little disappointed with how some looked on the screen. Some seem fine but others she thinks the quality doesn't look a good. Looking at bigger pictures of the baby was one reason she really wanted a bigger tablet as well. Most of these pics have been taken with her XR.

Will it probably be the original pictures just aren't as focused so don't look great when sized up on the iPad so would probably not look great on an iPad air either or have we made a mistake going for the slightly cheaper iPad an the pictures would probably look a lot better on an air?

If we swapped for the air it would be the 64gb version which is £30 more than we paid. We originally went with the 128gb iPad though as the storage was the same and she didn't want to have any issues with the iPad running out of space with her videos and pictures before her phone did.

What do you guys think, would you have got the air. From looking at the specs some aspects of the air screen look better but the DPI is actually the same.

Thanks

James

Soldato
the original pictures just aren't as focused so don't look great when sized up on the iPad so would probably not look great on an iPad air either

This is exactly the problem - pictures taken on your phone will look much better on your phone, because of the higher density and smaller screen:

• Harder to notice focus inconsistencies
  • Harder to notice noise levels
  • Harder to notice lack of detail
You can notice the effect even more when you move to a larger screen, such as a TV.

So, in conclusion, going to the iPad Air 10.5 won't make your pictures look better; if anything, they'll look worse, due to the larger display.

Soldato
I found the same, but photos taken on my old pixel phone look stunning whereas on my iPhone 11 they look very average

Love the phone for the most part but disappointed with the camera, especially when viewed on a larger screen

Back
Top Bottom