Will Smith hits Chris Rock on Oscars stage

Soldato
Exactly, instead of the joke fallling flat (which it did) and being quickly forgotten, now everyone is talking about it, as well at the rumours concerning a young raper and his wife.

It's a massive fail.
Yeah, I'm sure there was more jokes that could've been made regarding keeping Jada Smith out of your mouth.

Too bad Chris Rock didn't really focus in more on that after the attack.

Associate
To be honest, I'm not surprised by that reaction from Will Smith as he's always come across as a bit of a fake hard man. It's fair enough to have a word if you think someone has crossed the line and also fine to lamp them if they continue to be a dick about it, but walking up and slapping him like that is just a bitch move :D

Soldato
Yeah, I'm sure there was more jokes that could've been made regarding keeping Jada Smith out of your mouth.

Too bad Chris Rock didn't really focus in more on that after the attack.
I was thinking that too, given their openness about having multiple other partners while married :D and seemingly happy to continually talk about it to the media. Would have been a well timed come-back from the slap.

Was a good show anyway :) but try that in the street or in the workplace - not sure why some seem to think he deserved it when it could result in the Police knocking on your door if done elsewhere.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
To be honest, I'm not surprised by that reaction from Will Smith as he's always come across as a bit of a fake hard man. It's fair enough to have a word if you think someone has crossed the line and also fine to lamp them if they continue to be a dick about it, but walking up and slapping him like that is just a bitch move :D

Well lets face it, he does come across as the sort of soy boy bitch move type. Jada definitely wears the trousers in that relationship. I'm pretty certain, as some others have said, that he did that as a result of guilt for laughing at the joke before getting a strong glare from Jada. His justification that its proof of his love for her is a worrying thing to say publicly though, I imagine there are more than a few screw loose individuals out there who also justify the things they do as proof of how much they care.

Soldato
Kanye West's award ceremony dramatics has just been trumped by this.

Will Smith needs to be thrown under the bus for this. It blows my mind that he would actually do it in front of that audience and millions of worldwide viewers......surely that has to filter your decision-making process? However 'triggered' he was by a joke that actually despite the medical background to it.....wasn't even remotely funny he should and could have dealt with this in a much better way.

Completely unhinged.

Isnt this what comedians are supposed to do at award ceremonies? Didnt Smith get the memo?

If this is seemingly 'ok' for the Hollywood elite, Ricky Gervais has been a very lucky boy so far during his presentations at the Golden Globes.

Back
Top Bottom