Will Smith hits Chris Rock on Oscars stage

Soldato
Looks like the internet has recorded history of Will Smith making a joke of the exact same condition back in his yoof: https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/tqq5e7/will_smith_making_fun_of_arsenio_halls_band/

I kinda think it's fake though the Chris Rock thing. How many millions do you think he got or some other deal for pulling the stunt?

I refuse to believe that Smith walking up on stage with all those cameras, and not a single camera decided to zoom in up close so we could actually see if the connection was made because the wide angle shot masks it and things just don't add up properly otherwise?

It was my gut feeling the first time I saw it.

Soldato
So I watched some videos. As I understand it...

Chris made a joke about his wife being gi Jane due to her short hair.
Her short hair is because of alopecia. Doesn't that make it fall out? It looks shaved and a choice currently.
She has embraced the hair already on social media.
Will Smith was laughing along until he saw his wife not finding it if funny.
As the relationship is pretty broken anyway, that triggered Will to 'defend' his wife with violence.

I thought the joke was funny tbh. And Gervais set the standard expectations these people should have. You are going to be singled out.

To who ever above likened it to cancer or a disability. Nope. You need to learn to paint and see all the shades of colour you can have.

That said this could easily be fake.

Soldato
So many different takes over the same event which basically boil down to either -

Comedian attacked on stage after joke.

or

Smith defends wife's honour after bad taste joke.

I'm quite surprised that so many people who like to proclaim their progressiveness are seemingly happy for a man to steal a strong female's thunder by resorting to physical violence rather than watching Jada "fight her own battle".

Hell even media like Guardian sees this the same way that I do, it was embarrassing for Will Smith to do this - https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ith-slapping-chris-rock-actor-serena-williams - although somehow a black man slapping another black man who made a joke is still being called the fault of "White Supremacy" by Forbes which must be a joke I think - https://www.forbes.com/sites/maiaho...-talk-about-the-system-that-helped-create-it/

Sadly in these times of "who do we trust" it's all too easy to believe that this could have been staged, by an organisation desperate to make itself relevant again after COVID, but I don't think it was. I really do think Smith, under immense pressure, just snapped.
Let’s not bring any sex or misogynistic biases into this.

One of the most horrid headline after this event was “one of the best night for women at the Oscar, over shadowed by Male violence.”

there is absolutely no need to do that sort of head lines or even consider the situation as female or male.

yes a woman can defend her own honour but what’s wrong with her husband doing that?

Soldato
It doesn't matter if it was a slap or a right hook. It's still assault, still an offence. You do that to someone in a Pub or anywhere for that matter, and they catch you on CCTV, then that is all the evidence needed. If you let your primitive mind control you, then you are just that, and maybe being behind bars is the best place for you.

I didn’t say it wasn’t assault did I ? The point I was trying to make was if it wasn’t staged it wouldn’t of been a slap.It even more supports my argument if it was staged in the fact that Rock has not reported it to the police .

Soldato
I am surprised the usual crowd haven't started sprouting stats like 100% of crime committed at the Oscars has been 100% committed by........... :D

Reported what to the police?

There were load of hard men earlier in this thread posting about how they'd not let someone disrespect their wife and they'd deck anyone who did that, and now it's swung the opposite way with everyone saying "why hasn't he called the police :(, he should sue and get millions because of a hurt cheek for 15 seconds of his life, why won't someone please think of the children!"

If Smith loses his Oscar, can we put to rest this ridiculous staged theory?

Or will that also be part of the grand elaborate act that they have going on?

It's sad people can't just see it for what it was.

People really believe that:

1. You shouldn't make fun of jadas health issues
And
2. That Smith and rock and I guess the academy, conspired this plan to get attention, so came up with the idea of rock saying a joke and jada, Smith laughing, then walking on stage and fake slapping rock, then sitting back down, and not leaving it there, but instead having an emotional outbreak, shouting and swearing at rock. Then they got bradley Cooper, p diddy, denzel Washington, to be in on the act too and later behind the scenes in the back ground, comfort Smith, all still part of this grand plan. Then they planned Smith to condone violence, and planned an investigation into something they set up and paid Rock millions to do, and then even may well end up removing smiths Oscar.

Just part of this big set up to get viewers in,viewers in to a show that has already ended for another year. It's not like we have Oscar episode 2 next week, but a year until the new event, of which, not only does everyone by then know it was staged, but also, totally forget the events of this current year's Oscars. And add to that, a slap, fake or not, has never happened before at the Oscars. It's not like you'll tune in next time to see the next outrageous moment live as nothing will happen next year. It won't be bringing in any viewers.

That is what your brain goes to as the more believable story?

Over... Rock, like every host, made a joke, Smith, in an emotional moment made a mistake and reacted incorrectly, of which he's apologised since for it.

The users on this forum are so smart to have worked out what those sneaky Oscar people are trying to do. Bravo

fez

fez

Caporegime
Not convinced it was fake at all. Chris Rock didn't brace himself. He literally just had a cheeky grin on his face and was expecting some sort of slapstick token gesture from Smith and was going to roll with it. Not an actual smack across the face.

Smith has also done what everyone who doesn't actually feel any remorse for something has done. Waited too long to give a weak apology that the clearly didn't really want to make. He went about the rest of the evening like nothing had happened and took a day to come out with a weaksauce apology.

Nothing will happen to Smith though because he is a black man done good and people know that they can only go so far in condemning him without it coming back to being claimed as racism.

Soldato
07-D01-D00-76-D8-4656-BD06-C07-C5555-D118-jpeg-8a5806af802fcd6a3c3dc02909b991e7.jpg

Caporegime
Some interesting little theory's doing the rounds.

1 Fake to get people talking about the Oscars

2 PR stunt. Will is gay and will come out soon. (Would explain his wife banging everyone)

It's the first time I've probably mentioned the term "Oscars" in years.
I don't think it's a stunt at all. But it's got people talking!

And I bet viewers will be higher next year

Associate
Mocking the dude's wife illness? Deserved a slap, and got one.

Very different if he'd punched him, but a slap is what I'd expect at a minimum if I stood up a cracked jokes about someone's wife's illness...jeez.

Illness? She's bald, it's not cancer. CR thought it was a hairstyle and compared it to a woman with the same hairstyle. Are we not aloud to joke about bald people anymore?

Back
Top Bottom