Will Smith hits Chris Rock on Oscars stage

Soldato
I certainly would not have stood up and clapped WS like most of the audience did for a standing ovation... My arse would have been parked in the seat.

No way he deserved a standing ovation at all, let alone mere moments later.

Chris Rock was a pro and handled it perfectly. I don't think anyone could have handled it better so well done to him... That's who deserves the applause, not the petulant child that is Will Smith

Soldato
I certainly would not have stood up and clapped WS like most of the audience did for a standing ovation... My arse would have been parked in the seat.

No way he deserved a standing ovation at all, let alone mere moments later.

Chris Rock was a pro and handled it perfectly. I don't think anyone could have handled it better so well done to him... That's who deserves the applause, not the petulant child that is Will Smith

Hollywood is ruthless. Just look at the outrage people got for not kneeling for BLM.

It would have been career suicide for anyone not part of the standing ovation.

Soldato
It would have been career suicide for anyone not part of the standing ovation.
An editor I know (Oscar winner, actually!) said on Insta that he had friends there and there were a lot of people super uncomfortable at that point. You can’t tar everyone with the same brush, there’s a lot of craft professionals at the Oscars that are normal people. He actually wrote to the Academy to complain and has been very vocal about how poorly it was handled at the time (ie letting WS back on stage to collect his award). I’m sure he’s not the only Academy member that has been forcing the issue.

Soldato
Will Smith is a ****. I just saw an interview with a cinemaphotographer from Coda who said the incident took the energy away from the event and that the Academy needs to deal with it. The Academy are still thinking about banning him and I hope they do.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It's a DM link but Rock has been talking about it on his comedy show to the audience - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-leave-Oscars-REFUSED-broke-code-conduct.html

What is interesting is that Rock says he's not spoken to Smith since the event. Yet one of Smith's friends (I forgot who it was but saw it the other day) said that the two had made amends and everything was cool.... I trust Rock's statement more on this one.

Back
Top Bottom